Weight loss help.

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I was diagnosed type 2 about 10 years back.At present I am ,on Metformin 10000mg twice a day ,and Victozia1.2 mg once a Day. I came across this webside two months back and the posts here gave me lot encouragement. Before that I was just playing with my diabetes. I started LCHF and exercising more. I managed to stop Glicazide completely. about a week back. My average blood glucose is now 5.4. End of August this year HbA1C was 77. I am happy that I managed to control my blood sugar.
But I have not lost any weight I am about 25 Kgs overweight. My total food intake is low. My waist size too is the same at 42 inches. I will welcome all the advice.

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Sorry, Metformin dose is 1000mg twice a day. Please give me some advice on how to loose weight on LCHF diet. Couple years back I lost weight on Ducan diet.Lost my way half way through the diet put all the weight back.

mfactor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
But I have not lost any weight I am about 25 Kgs overweight. My total food intake is low. My waist size too is the same at 42 inches. I will welcome all the advice.

I give the same advice to everyone , you need to use something like myfitness pal http://www.myfitnesspal.com to monitor what you are eating and use http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ to calculate your macros (protein, fat, carbs).........

It is amazing what is hidden in a lot of foods, , you dont need to diet , just adjust your LCHF a bit using the above tools

Dont worry about having to do the above every day, after a few months you will know what ammounts type of food you can eat each day...

Reactions: 4 people

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Mfactor, Thanks very much. Its very helpful.