Alone ....

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
probably Fayefaye, but I find out tomorrow if I get an insulin pump so will mention it at the appointment

Reactions: 4 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Gaz-M, if your carb counting is good, it sounds as though your basal is out of kilter. The usual reason for multiple hypos, especially severe ones, is a basal imbalance, and getting that right can go a long way to resolving the issue, whether on pump or MDI.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
Ive fasted a few time Tim and I am stable for 5-6 hours, the hypos spring up from nowhere, hence put on Degludec and yeah hypos have halved but not stopped.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Ive fasted a few time Tim and I am stable for 5-6 hours, the hypos spring up from nowhere, hence put on Degludec and yeah hypos have halved but not stopped.
How long did you say you'd been T1 diagnosed? If your basal is generally good, and the carb ratios generally work, it might be that you are still producing insulin and that this is causing you to have inadvertent lows. Have you ever had a C-Peptide test done?

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
43 year @tim2000s, been up this morning and will be getting the C-Peptide test done once I'm off the Degludec and on the pump.

Reactions: 2 people

Rajgeet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Actually being alone makes u prone to depressing thoughts n depression is one big ally of stress n fluctuating glucose levels..hence being alone iant advised..

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Actually being alone makes u prone to depressing thoughts n depression is one big ally of stress n fluctuating glucose levels..hence being alone iant advised..

That's a very good point @Rajgeet about being alone a lot, I had a very bad incident take place a couple of months ago and went through a very dark time. I had never felt that way regarding my diabetes, I have always just got on with it and life in general it's self, but diabetes and loneliness hit me so hard........................

Reactions: 6 people