FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

Jess33marsh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Very frustrated with a high A1c of 10 I desperately need the Libre. Rang in September and went on waiting list. Rang today for update and they couldn't find me on the list!!! So back to the start. The people I speak to sound fed up and like I'm an inconvenience

TOMJC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Got an email from Marketing Sciences, a company doing research on behalf on Abbot saying that "Abbott Diabetes Care would like to get your opinion on a potential new way of scanning you Freestyle Libre sensor and monitoring your blood glucose." Just wondering if anyone else had seen it. Hoping that it means transition to phones instead of clunky scanner!

avdyke

Dislikes
Carbohydrates :-(
Just got my second email, and went online to purchase.
All OK - VAT seemed to be deducted OK.
You can't buy the starter kit, they sell the reader plus two sensors. :(

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Just got my second email, and went online to purchase.
All OK - VAT seemed to be deducted OK.
You can't buy the starter kit, they sell the reader plus two sensors. :(
And discount it at the check out stage!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I originally signed up in Jan 2015, chased in May, and they had no record.
So i re-signed up middle of May.
Got the email saying i could buy today.
That is 6 and a half months wait.

Petey

Signed up early April and got the invitation last Weds. Ordered immediately and it's been showing as 'On hold ever since. Called Monday to chase and was promissed it'd be sent mid week. Still showing as 'On hold' this morning so called again and was advised that they had no update. Chap on the phone got stroppy (bloody rude actually) when I demanded an answer and refused to put me through to a manager. When I threatened to start writing letters with his name in he put me though to a manager (Julia) who advised they've got a warehouse issue and promissed to call me back by end of this week. Turns out the call centre is in Portugal.

I don't expect much from their customer service now and am seriously reconsidering if I want to be be invested in a system where the supplier clearly doesn't give a dam about customers once the order is taken.

Last edited by a moderator:

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I must say...Abbott's customer care has gone down the tubes. Perhaps they just cannot keep up with demand. I ordered my sensors on the 28 Nov and only got them today. They really do need some competition. I wish Dexcom would drop their prices to that of Freestyle Libre and then allow users to use their phones to scan. I for 1 would switch to Dexcom

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When my order didn't appear within the promised 3-5 days, I rang their customer services to ask when it would arrive.

I was told that it was still in France, not yet picked up by courier, and that 'they had had a problem, but it was all sorted now, and shipments were recommencing'.

It is now 7 days, and I checked this morning, my payment has still not been taken - presumably this means that my order has not yet been despatched. I am probably way down the queue.

Interesting snippet: the CS person said that sometimes the timescale from their warehouse in France to customer front door in UK can be same day, but it is more likely to be at least 24 hrs.

In light of this, I'm not holding my breath for a delivery before next week.

jono80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just got my "In one week you will receive an e-mail giving you access to our online shop." e-mail. 4.5 months wait for me (put my e-mail down at the end of July)

Stansfieldsara

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I too got my email last week to order so I did that Tuesday after being on the list since May. My order is also on hold. It would be nice to get before Xmas but oh well

Reactions: 2 people

Stansfieldsara

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I too got my email last week to order so I did that Tuesday after being on the list since May. My order is also on hold. It would be nice to get before Xmas but oh well

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Received an email to say that I can order the Libre in a weeks time, this is my second offer as first time around I was put off by the some of the feedback from regular users, are most of the issues with adhesion and sensor accuracy mainly resolved now?

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Received an email to say that I can order the Libre in a weeks time, this is my second offer as first time around I was put off by the some of the feedback from regular users, are most of the issues with adhesion and sensor accuracy mainly resolved now?
I haven't had any trouble with adhesion to date, and they seem to be much more accurate these days.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I haven't had any trouble with adhesion to date, and they seem to be much more accurate these days.

Thanks for the reply and that is good to know Robert, I'm going to treat myself and order the Libre next week.

Reactions: 4 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
My last couple of sensors have been excellent on the lack of reaction. This one (I noticed) has an earlier use by date, and seems to be itchier... I'm guessing it's an earlier batch with a subtly different adhesive. It's also less accurate.