Regular moderate exercise log

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday was a brisk walk and today I was stuck in meetings all day including over lunch. :-(

I swear that maybe 10% of the meetings I've attended in my life were truly productive - the other 90% were convened solely to irritate me!

Reactions: 2 people

Annieok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7kms walking today- around the park at my mums's, then lots of airport walking. Tomorrow I have to go to London so lots of walking expected.

Reactions: 6 people

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ended up doing another (albeit less intense!) 30min on the bike trainer after dinner last night.

30min yoga/strength/resistance & 30min medium impact cardio routine today. Too many squats & lunges all told - will feel it tomorrow :inpain:

Reactions: 4 people

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
About an hour's walking today. It's a bit chilly. Couldn't steel myself to try running. I'll try tomorrow.

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today I've started off not at all sure what I'll do! I'm living with tiredness - which may or may not be part of T2 - and it's not helped by getting up to grey skies and rain! Overall, my average length of walks is still between 8,000 and 9,000 steps a day, with them varying from 5,000 plus to 11,000 plus. Given that I started off only rarely going for any sort of walk, I can see I'm managing to make changes.

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes, you really do a lot these days. If it's any help, I have always found that a new exercise regime takes about six months to make significant changes, so you really have to stick to it to see that. Once it starts to bear fruit, my motivation increases. Of course, sharing your regime or exercise plan with others helps a lot with interim motivation. Right now I am visiting my son so he is instructing me on how to use weights and we are encouraging each other. But I am sure I would not have progressed to weights if it hadn't been for the mutual support on this thread that kept me walking (and the odd bit of hula hooping and exercise biking).

Reactions: 5 people

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Was flat out achieving absolutely nothing yesterday but I'm pretty sure I squeezed some yoga in :confused:

30min yoga/strength 15min boxing & 15min fairly high intensity cardio this morning. Hoping for a walk this arvo but it's v windy out & the trees around here have a habit of dropping limbs or falling over when it gets like this. Boo. I badly need some time outdoors.

Annieok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not much walking today after yesterday's 12kms in London. But managed to go out dancing (on a school night, I know!) at a fundraiser for the refugee centre. A couple of hours of reliving my clubbing days albeit much more sober this time!

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I swear that maybe 10% of the meetings I've attended in my life were truly productive - the other 90% were convened solely to irritate me!
10% isn't a bad ratio.

I favour my clients that set out objectives for a meeting to prevent it descending into general waffle

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5 miles walking today so happy with that. Just not going to be able to do it if it gets really cold.

Reactions: 6 people

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
10% isn't a bad ratio.

I favour my clients that set out objectives for a meeting to prevent it descending into general waffle

Client meetings were fine - meetings with colleagues however :arghh:

Did another 30min low impact cardio yesterday arvo as the winds were not on my side.

Today was v chilly to start but turned into a stunner :) Had a 10km walk this morning (felt the hills!) & a cracking kayak after lunch.

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, you really do a lot these days. If it's any help, I have always found that a new exercise regime takes about six months to make significant changes, ... the mutual support on this thread that kept me walking ...

It's encouraging to hear that the effects of the exercise changes can take that long to have significant effect. I've just had HbA1c test results, and the great change is down from 47 to 46! Wow! All this energy expended (plus diet change) and that's the result! I wish someone had warned me. Apart from that whinge, it does bring home how much this has to be a permanent lifestyle change.

But I'm not beating myself up about it at the moment - in fact I'm realising that now, even if the weather's bad and there are too many other things interfering, almost every day I'm fitting in some sort of walk. I can now even start to see the point of doing the same ones locally. Yesterday, for example, I suddenly really felt tired - needed to sit and rest for 5 minutes or so - checked my distance, and realised at just over 5,000 steps, this had happened before. I went on to do more than 10,000 steps altogether.

Reactions: 8 people

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I find cold/windy not so much of a problem when you get going and build up some internal heat.

The combination of wet and windy though :(. But that's what the turbo trainer and rowing machine are for.

Reactions: 2 people

Annieok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been grinding out 10,000 steps a day more or less this week. This weekend is crazy busy with people staying but hope to get out for a good walk on Sunday. I'm beginning to recognise how much of impact exercise has on my mental health now. If I don't get some done, I feel restless and don't sleep as well as when I'm tired from exercise. Also good for stress relief. I'm getting a 24 hour blood pressure monitor in the next week so hope that it will show that it's coming down.

Reactions: 8 people