Stroke results

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hello guys whilst not strictly RH related I thought I
Would let you have an update.

I have had my tests reported to me over the phone by my GP.

She said the MRI was normal and the heart scan and 24 hour ECG were all good the cholesterol was 4.1 and triglycerides all good can't remember the number would 1.6 make sense?

However I had one result which was a test for Hughes syndrome and showed anti coagulant markers. Doctor said she did not know how to interpret it but I have googled it and it is pretty scary. Makes me susceptible to clotting and thrombosis heart attack and stroke! It does say it can linked to lupus and people with autoimmune diseases are more likely to have it. It also says they would have to test again and only after two positive results would they usually make a definite diagnosis. Most people with it would be out on warfarin for life.

Does anyone else suffer from this? Pray for me it's a wrong test.

Many thanks

Emma

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi, just had a look on the web site for the syndrome and some of your symptoms are there.
I know nothing about it.
So the only thing would advise is to go along with the treatment and see if there is improvement.
Doing low carb won't harm you!
Having this condition which is treatable by the way. You may also have a blood glucose disorder! anything is possible! Keep an open mind and best wishes!

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Do have a look at the website it is quite informative!

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Thank you I will. I'm just feeling sorry for myself as only 41 and my little boy only 3. Just want to be well and live life to the fill. Don't understand the test result anyway and neither did my GP so perhaps it was misinterpreted.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Linagirl

Totally agree with @nosher8355

Read up, take the treatment (if necessary), and see what happens.

For me, the thought that there could be clear explanation of what has been happening, plus a treatment, would be filling me with hope and relief! :)

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Thanks Brun sorry for being a downer and I know it could be worse I'm just painfully aware of the risks associated and whilst they can medicate they can't cure and risk factors for everything go up. I am going to do whatever is in my power to reduce the risks though. I love my lot so much and I am determined!!!

C

catherinecherub

I have moved this thread to another board as it is not strictly RH related and other forum members may have experience of your condition and provide some input @Linagirl.

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Where did you put it Catherine just so I can keep an eye out? Thanks