Great news regarding my type 2

Kirkyguy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Was diagnosed with type 2 on the 6th August,with my HBAC1 at 91,put straight on to Metformin.
i then came on here found out everything i could about reversing diabetes,i've managed to drop
5 stone get super fit and worked out all the food that spiked me using the Glucose monitors and the finger pricking test
My latest HBAC1 was 33 all other blood tests and urine tests for kidney liver functions all normal...i've been told i can come off the meds
But that i will always have diabetes and must not slip back into my old life style...cheers people and thanks for all the help and support

Reactions: 27 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was diagnosed with type 2 on the 6th August,with my HBAC1 at 91,put straight on to Metformin.
i then came on here found out everything i could about reversing diabetes,i've managed to drop
5 stone get super fit and worked out all the food that spiked me using the Glucose monitors and the finger pricking test
My latest HBAC1 was 33 all other blood tests and urine tests for kidney liver functions all normal...i've been told i can come off the meds
But that i will always have diabetes and must not slip back into my old life style...cheers people and thanks for all the help and support

Fantastic turnaround Kirkyguy! You should be exceedingly proud.

Reactions: 3 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Well done but yes you do have to keep up the good work.

Reactions: 2 people

Believer

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Similar story had routine HbAC1 test in June this year and came back with a reading of 50 with a fasting glucose of 6.1 - GP wanted 2nd test to confirm diabetes diagnosis. Distinctly unimpressed with rush to declare me type 2 so decided to delay 2nd test. Instead did my research as I had previously heard about slowly onset of Type 2. Immediately changed my diet in line with the recommendations on this website and others. Re-educated my palate and started walking 9 to 10 miles per week. Lost over 2 stone in weight (12% )Started monitoring my own BM every week.

After 3 months went back to GP had my 2nd HbAC1 test and she rang me the day I went on holidays in October to tell me the level was back to 41 and fasting glucose was 4.2. She was amazed at my progress and was more than happy to leave me without intervention but to be honest I am so used to my new diet and the reduced weight that I am really happy to keep following my new regime. Don't miss the pizza or sweet stuff one bit. Feel so much fitter and feel so much better in myself.

Reactions: 14 people

Kirkyguy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That s me been off the Metformin for a month now and all levels are good still testing away
,i'm going to
reintroduce some alcohol over the festive period....was wondering if there is a certain kind of booze that
doesn't spike people a low carb drink perhaps.....just a thought

Kirkyguy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks guys, wine and spirits with zero sugar mixers it is,guess i'm just one of those lucky ones who likes all types of bevvy.