What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Wil burn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
5.8 this morning and did absolutely nothing different apart from going to bed 15 minutes later than the previous night.?????

Reactions: 6 people

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning and did absolutely nothing different apart from going to bed 15 minutes later than the previous night.?????
Still good though @Wil burn It's rapidly going in the right direction, isn't it?

I was unexpectedly at 6.6 this morning instead of the usual 4.6 but put that down to lack of sleep and blame the full moon.

Reactions: 7 people

Wil burn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
5.7..I took two readings this morning within 5 minutes. The first was 6.3 and the second 5.7. I use an Acu check mobile, are these machines reliable?

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If not, what machines are?
I'd say the accu check is as reliable as most of them. I use my mum's accu check atm I as there were a few pots of test strips left when she passed away and there isn't really any difference compared to the freestyle I was prescribed. It's not an exact science, these home testing kits.

Reactions: 2 people

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.1, after a pre-bed reading last night of 4.1 and a cheeky squashed fly biscuit.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If not, what machines are?
They have an uncertainty in them which is pretty huge in % terms. Much much higher than my clients are allowed to tolerate for their industrial emissions calculations.

Your results are within a reasonable repeatable range given the meter accuracy

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Fbg, 5•6 today