Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Hi Folks

More or less back on track with a 5.7 this morning.

Hankjam - I was very surprised to see the major differences bread from different bakeries had on my levels. I don't really know why this should be but I guess they all have their own recipes and suppliers, so it may just be you found a particularly bad pannin.

Reactions: 4 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
4.1 this morning was hypo yesterday morning. I have spoke to Diabetic nurse and looked through my dairy. It looks like my sugar drops due to women's things and is allover the place when I have an infection:rolleyes:. She said to keep a close eye on my sugar levels and give her a ring back on Friday

Reactions: 2 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 this morning was hypo yesterday morning. I have spoke to Diabetic nurse and looked through my dairy. It looks like my sugar drops due to women's things and is allover the place when I have an infection:rolleyes:. She said to keep a close eye on my sugar levels and give her a ring back on Friday

Hope it sorts itself out soon. At least nurse is showing concern, Take care.

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, I got an FBG of 4.5 this morning after I had some popcorn yesterday afternoon :D Our Graze box last week had a lightly salted microwave popcorn sachet at 12g carbs and 7g fat so when I was feeling in need of a snack yesterday I decided to give it a try. I added 10g of melted butter just to improve the fat/carb ratio (honest guv, not just because it was extra delicious) and at 1 hour my BG was 5.6, 2 hour was 5.3

I'm still off work with this blood pressure problem and was feeling a bit sorry for myself yesterday but having a cereal bowl full of popcorn was a huge treat, and finding it didn't raise my FBG this morning is fab news! (I did manage to keep my overall carbs to under 50g for the day).

Reactions: 3 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, I got an FBG of 4.5 this morning after I had some popcorn yesterday afternoon :D Our Graze box last week had a lightly salted microwave popcorn sachet at 12g carbs and 7g fat so when I was feeling in need of a snack yesterday I decided to give it a try. I added 10g of melted butter just to improve the fat/carb ratio (honest guv, not just because it was extra delicious) and at 1 hour my BG was 5.6, 2 hour was 5.3

I'm still off work with this blood pressure problem and was feeling a bit sorry for myself yesterday but having a cereal bowl full of popcorn was a huge treat, and finding it didn't raise my FBG this morning is fab news! (I did manage to keep my overall carbs to under 50g for the day).
The popcorn sounds yummy, I love popcorn but try to stay away because of the carbs. Hope you can get your blood pressure sorted sorted, so you can get back to school. You must be missing all the Christmas prep at school, I used to really enjoy It with the little ones as a nursery nurse. Sending big (((HUGS))) Lou

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The popcorn sounds yummy, I love popcorn but try to stay away because of the carbs. Hope you can get your blood pressure sorted sorted, so you can get back to school. You must be missing all the Christmas prep at school, I used to really enjoy It with the little ones as a nursery nurse. Sending big (((HUGS))) Lou

I teach 11-19 year olds, and we have to stick to the syllabus until the very last week of term so it can be a bit difficult keeping everyone on track. Christmas week is SO busy though and it's nice to relax a bit with the kids and let them enjoy school!! :singing::D:happy:

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Could be I am not able to work with little ones full time anymore, but I am Girls Brigade leader and enjoy working the youngsters there.

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Good day folks been absent for sometime, had a quick look round the site and couldn't find many familiar names until I got here.

Hope everyone is keeping well had a 5.8 this morning, 5.8 midday and probably 5.6 tonight,

Will try to pop in daily to keep up.

Have fun all

Reactions: 6 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome back @JohnD54 . This is one place where we can share and comment on our day to day experiences of diabetes, the fasting thread is only for posting readings and not for posting replies.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a 6 this morning. I putting that down to having my Bowel Screening this morning, and being terrified . It sounded like a good idea when I was offered it, but 4 weeks later I'm having second thoughts.

Reactions: 5 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Thank you @Hiitsme This is my first one since I stopped meds so my fingers are crossed

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Morning all 4.8 this morning , vodka assisted, not a lot just a tot.

Reactions: 8 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well that didn't go to plan. Needed a cup of tea and 2 digestives as well so the 24 hour fast was kyboshed as well.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee n cream, 2 eggs n cream, scrambled

L: cheesecake slice, coffee n cream

D: steak, 2 eggs, broccoli, cauliflour, cheese sauce, sf L&P

S: peanuts, cheese, ham, coffee n cream

Reactions: 6 people