Over the moon with 1st 3 month check up!

Foxy in Cyprus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just back from the doctors, after being diagnosed type 2 3 months ago, A1C at that time 8.6. I was hoping for low sevens but secretely praying for high sixes, guess what, 5.3! YAYYYYY! Doctor was really pleased. It has been difficult, but I put it down to mainly low carb eating, weight loss (14kg in three months) and a bit of experimenting with herbal supplements. So chuffed!

Reactions: 14 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done Foxy. It's all your own work, as Metformin only shaves away at the very adges of your blood scores..

Reactions: 2 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hey,thanks for posting , really nice to hear your hard work is paying off

Roytaylorjasonfunglover

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just back from the doctors, after being diagnosed type 2 3 months ago, A1C at that time 8.6. I was hoping for low sevens but secretely praying for high sixes, guess what, 5.3! YAYYYYY! Doctor was really pleased. It has been difficult, but I put it down to mainly low carb eating, weight loss (14kg in three months) and a bit of experimenting with herbal supplements. So chuffed!
Incredible, that weightloss is amazing

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congrats Foxy in Cyprus! That's a huge accomplishment in 3 months time! What are typical breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks for you? What herbal supplements are you taking?

Foxy in Cyprus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congrats Foxy in Cyprus! That's a huge accomplishment in 3 months time! What are typical breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks for you? What herbal supplements are you taking?
Hi, Thanks for your comments! Lately I am doing 16/8 diet, that means first food at 12 noon, last food at 8 pm. The fasting effects are great for diabetes 2 and weight loss. Typically I will have 3 free range eggs, toms, chillies, salad at noon. Dinners are normally fish and salad, and at least 3/4 times a week I have either a chilli dish or curry. I oven cook either chicken breast or minced meat, drain the fat off, then put it in the slow cooker with tinned toms, chillis, garlic, curry poweder, spinach, or any veg that is dark green (less carbs) I take turmeric capsules, and now also chromium.It seems to work! Haven't told the doctor yet that I have more or less given up metroformin, going back in today for the other results of my blood test and will tell him then! LOL

Reactions: 4 people