What is bulletproof coffee?

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My method: half a mug of hot coffee, add big teaspoon each of butter and coconut oil and stir to melt, froth madly with a swizzle blender (bit of wire with a motor and battery), top up with more coffee. Tastes creamy. Good fat boost, especially at breakfast if you're in a rush.
Preferences vary. @Brunneria is an expert (as in so many things).

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hm, and there's me liking both BPC and Marmite... :) Not in the same cup, I hasten to add! ;)

Reactions: Ultramum

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Low carb, so ok, I think. I don't know how much salt it has though. I have a yeast extract with no added salt.

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I tried the bulletproof recipe given above, and it wasn't for me either (love Marmite though & drink Bovril to keep me going at times). However, I have taken to having a morning coffee with a good lashing of double cream, which can take the place of breakfast for me when I don't feel I have the time to do bacon and eggs justice!

Reactions: 2 people

akasha691

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
Keep seeing this mentioned and wondered what it was?
BPC is fab if you're following a low carb high fat diet, you would need a blender, 1 dessert spoon of instant coffee, a generous dessertspoon of butter (not margarine or fake butter), a generous desert spoon of coconut oil, double cream and hot water, whizz up until the top goes frothy, its like a latte. we add sweetener to ours, have it every morning