App recommendations

ashette

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What apps would people recommend for monitoring and analysing blood glucose, food intake, weight etc? I've got the PA diabetes app from this site but wondered if there's anything out there which offers different functionality?

Blackers183

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Commercial television
I've used RapidCalc for a few years and found the functionality to be excellent.

M

Member224397

I use Diabetes Kit (iOS), mostly because it is free, looks good and supports HealthKit (which allows me to easily switch to a different app when I find a better one).

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
You do not say which platform you want it for so if it is for a PC/MAC/Linux you can have a look at the one I have written available from here

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/writing-bg-management-app.56644/

wit a link in my signature. Pretty full featured with 24 hour 7 day average, estimation of hba1c, blood pressure, IOB and active bolus estimation, weight and waist and all can be plotted alongside each other and printed in reports.

shoxy86

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm currently using "DAFNE online", on iOS, I found it really helpful. It's free. As far as I know it's available for Android users too, and I can access data if I log into my account using PC. You can export data to spreadsheet, and many more features. After reading posts in here I might look into some other apps.

maria111979

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am using dailydoc on Android. Pretty simple to use and send my report to my endo directly from the app. I get to see my day in one view

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-09-15-28-14.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-09-15-28-14.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 346

alexhill05

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mysugr is my favourite and the one I'd recommend for tracking everything. I use Dario more though as I use the Dario meter which is great - the most compact meter/lancer/test strip holder I've found!