Stupid thing won't play , go on you tube it's great

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
lady in the van.
Looks brilliant.
Walk on the beach today with Mrs DeeJay. Her walks involve a considerable amount of sitting watching the surf :rolleyes:
She's been practising her kayak rolling at the local baths tonight while I was eating mug cake in my bath. Can I swap her exercise for my mug cake like they do with carbon emission trading?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looks brilliant.
Walk on the beach today with Mrs DeeJay. Her walks involve a considerable amount of sitting watching the surf :rolleyes:
That sounds like my kind of walk, too.
Hope you didn't get too blown about in the gales.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Quiet week end everyone?
Saturday, short walk, much stair climbing, sorting, dusting and vacuuming.

Sunday repeat of Saturday.

Monday, 1hour aquafit, 15 mins swim, walk around supermarket. More sorting junk in house.

Reactions: 2 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Pipp Impressive!
Brisk walk to allotment and back (1 mile each way) on Saturday in glorious sunshine: one large barrowload of nastershalums and assorted weeds consigned to the compost heap. Hoe wielded fitfully. The daffs are coming up!
Sunday, almost as sunny: three-mile walk with stiff climbs and satisfactory puffing. (Mrs DeeJay in a kayak somewhere.)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Despite wanting to stay under the duvet, I dragged myself out to gym for an induction at a new place. Not the oldies gym, but real tough big place. Health instructor reviewed my health questionnaire and relegated me to two minutes with hand weights biceps and tricepts curls, and two minutes with hand cycle. Ah well, it is progress, considering how I was the first time @Jamrox hot me involved. I am slowly morphing from coach potato, though this could take some time until I become gym bunny. Current status is more fish /whale as I spent 15 mins in gym, but preferred the hour of aquafit, and 10 mins swim to cool down.

Update: two hour nap required for recovery.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I could use some help with the wheelbarrow and I'm sure you'd enjoy the allotment more than the gym. Unless the instructor is a bit lush?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DeejayR My terms and conditions for employment would be:
£20 an hour. 8 hour day 5 days a week. 58 mins break every hour. Comfortable seating for said breaks. Time off in middle of day for swim breaks.
364 days a year paid holidays. (Yes I know next year is a leap year, I don't mind the extra day with conditions as stated.)

Today I tried the gym. Not allowed or able to use all equipment, but plenty I could do. Bicep curls and tricep curls with 2kg weights, 2 sets each of 2 mins, hand cycle 2x2 mins. Then 20 mins gentle swim followed by 1hour aquafit.
Shame I am too knackered to do anything else but sit reading and posting on forum.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Shame I am too knackered to do anything else but sit reading and posting on forum.
I'm astounded you have the strength to tap the keys. Really really well done. If you're not careful you'll be promoted to the moderate exercise and fitness section.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm astounded you have the strength to tap the keys. Really really well done. If you're not careful you'll be promoted to the moderate exercise and fitness section.
No chance. Please don't banish me. Anytime now I will burn out and have to manage on 'banked' exercise for a few weeks.
Just take delight in days I can get out and exercise. Seize the day.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Running some errands today with weighty parcels. Then to allotment to sow broad beans & garlic, and weed and hoe. The soil is heavy, man.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok, it has rained for a month. There have been high winds. The roof is nearly off our new garden shed. The bins are all around the garden. Hibernation time? No! Not that I like to brag, but I am keeping up. Spent 20 mins in the gym, 20 mins swimming, and an hour aquafit class. It is the ideal way to avoid the shops. I hate shopping, even internet shopping is a pain these days, and even though I could do with buying a few gifts it is too much of a chore, so I will be taking refuge at the sport centre as much as possible, before the January influx of new year resolutionists.

@Jamrox and @mo53 where are you? Hope you are well and keeping up. People are starting to suggest there is something going on between @DeejayR and me, coz it is a bit quiet in here.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
They are probably staying sensibly indoors.
I was Winnie the Pooh in my previous life and most of this one so far. Bears hibernate.
I admit I'm backsliding again :(

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They are probably staying sensibly indoors.
I was Winnie the Pooh in my previous life and most of this one so far. Bears hibernate.
I admit I'm backsliding again :(
Sorry, didn't mean to wake you.

Right, I know I said I don't like to brag, but I lied!
I pledge to continue to keep active until spring. Not always sport centre or swimming pool, but every day, at least 30 mins of what my physio would regard as activity other than slouching. I hate these dark miserable days, and could quite easily hibernate. Days I don't feel up to going out I will use small hand weights, or do some Pilates, or just a few chair exercises, and then report (brag) here. Come on guys, we can't give in to lethargy.

Reactions: 4 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hoya everyone, sorry been busy demolishing a kitchen , hard work and hours of it .
Fitters started today , hooray .
No oven , no fridge etc roll on Friday when it's fitted.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1448906415.827293.jpg
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1448906429.510709.jpg