Type 2 Life

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oops wrong place. :confused: I meant to put FBG 6.4. Boy you can tell its Friday. Roll on the weekend.

Reactions: 4 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Had hypo over night treated it and went back to bed. Blood sugar this morning 5.4 off to work today and tomorrow

Reactions: 5 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
I had noticed the hypos on the fbg thread and know you have asthma too @loulou99782 Sending you a big hug and my prayers xx

Reactions: 2 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Oh god! Hide. That moaner is back.
Yes I'm referring to myself.
At A&E Wednesday night being checked for a DVT. I was shocked as I don't smoke. Active and run after my family including my tornado of a 2yr old.
I'm in pain when I'm not resting. My right leg has had pain in use since Monday. I'm taking ibuprofen 3x a day and amitriptyline 25mgs at night. I have such a busy life I cannot not get out and keep my little family ticking along and our swimming regime going. Although swimming maybe off tomorrow unless things change.
Does anyone have any experience of leg and calf pain leaving less feeling in the foot. Cold infact but sensation in the normal areas/ probe areas on my foot but a core numbness and pain when walking?
Hospital ruled out dvt but due to having feeling in my foot they advised just ibuprofen for pain. It was 2am in the morning so I was glad to go home.
I guess this leg pain stops me feeling sorry for myself. Ironically a distraction.
Do you think I should use a crutch that a family friend has offered to take the pressure off the painful leg?
I must add my diabetic nurse at the hospital is brilliant. She called me back to get checked for dvt. I feel lucky to have her.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sorry to read about your trip to A&E, @ickihun how is your pain today? I don't have any experience of leg pain but I know how disabling chronic abdominal pain is and sympathise. I send you love and hugs, and if using the crutch helps I'd go for it x

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Sorry to read about your trip to A&E, @ickihun how is your pain today? I don't have any experience of leg pain but I know how disabling chronic abdominal pain is and sympathise. I send you love and hugs, and if using the crutch helps I'd go for it x
Thanks @13lizanne . I'm just back from going to town with partner and boy in buggy to do some shopping and I couldn't finish my jobs for the pain. Back home now and trying to rest it but near on impossible in my house. I've topped up the ibuprofen and waiting for them to kick in. What's irononic too my throat/neck/shoulder pain has gone. Now this. Just pain after pain. I've never had any problems in the past. An upset tummy from metformin but thats gone too.
I feel for your chronic pain. Hoe do you cope? I thought I was unlucky having chronic fatigue and having to fight to get ready and go swimming (of which most is stretches and floating). I'm better at supervising kids than all the doings. Luckily my partner helps alot.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I know this sounds strange @ickihun but I seem to have got used to the pain, if I eat something which inflames my gut it's worse (my diet is really limited) but I manage, like you, with just ibuprofen& paracetamol although I do have dihydocodeine if necessary. Its easier for me to manage at home, my three "boys" have homes of their own now, I do so admire you managing with a young family and I'm glad you have a good partner to share it all with. Keep your chin up x

Reactions: 6 people

copey399

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Awww @ickihun xx Sorry to hear of your scare and more pain x I was worried about DVT when my right ankle suddenly puffed up for no reason. Wasn't in pain but couldn't understand it as never had it before. GP pressed it and it stayed dented so he diagnosed a bit of fluid retention and took me off my Blood Pressure med and gave me another along with a diuretic. It went down eventually and hasn't bothered me since. These things always come on out of the blue just to worry us, as if we need it. I hope you can get pain relief soon xxxx

Reactions: 8 people

copey399

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello @copey399 wondered where you were. How's things?

Hi @13lizanne Not too bad thank you x Still sticking to the lchf diet and trying to cope with my chronic back pain as best I can til I get a hospital referral. Weight down from 12st 8lbs to 10st 6lbs so considering I don't move about much I'm quite happy with that.

BS a bit up and down as I've tried introducing a few different things to see how they affect me. Looks like they are all off the menu though .. lol.

How are you doing? xx

Reactions: 10 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Great result on the weight loss - I'm really impressed! I'm still trying to shift the last 2 stones. I'm doing well thanks @copey399 I got my latest HbA1c result yesterday down to 40 from 62 three months ago. I posted in the success stories thread this afternoon after speaking to my gp who is well pleased with my results. Family life goes on as usual, hope your o.h and family are well and that you get your referral for your back soon. Take care x

copey399

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great result on the weight loss - I'm really impressed! I'm still trying to shift the last 2 stones. I'm doing well thanks @copey399 I got my latest HbA1c result yesterday down to 40 from 62 three months ago. I posted in the success stories thread this afternoon after speaking to my gp who is well pleased with my results. Family life goes on as usual, hope your o.h and family are well and that you get your referral for your back soon. Take care x

Thank you xx Wow that's a great result @13lizanne Well done you. That's an envious drop in the HbA1c. I fear mine may have gone up if my logs meter is anything to go by and I might need a little medical intervention.

Best wishes to you and yours xxx

norfolkboy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Idiots.
Hey....hello you lot. I'm pleased to see we have a lovely new home. This morning my blood glucose was a healthy 4.8 fasting. I'm ok with that number. Had my eye screening this morning too. How long does it take for these darn drops to completely wear off? I've got my sunglasses on right now, which admittedly makes me feel like a rock star. Wearing them indoors as I'm lying down, TV on, iPad & nibbly things to hand (salted popcorn is my treat today.) One is allowed to self indulge when one is a tad delicate. :happy:

View attachment 14628
When I had my eye test, I wondered when the effects of the drops was going to start !!! Almost no difference in sight, and no problem outside.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
4.1 this morning was hypo yesterday morning. I have spoke to Diabetic nurse and looked through my dairy. It looks like my sugar drops due to women's things and is allover the place when I have an infection:rolleyes:. She said to keep a close eye on my sugar levels and give her a ring back on Friday
You have my sympathy Loulou, I'm in the perimenopause and when my hormones put in an unwelcome reappearance last week I had 3 hypos in 3 days! My levels were all over the place but luckily I'm getting back on an even keel now. Hope you feel better soon xx

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh god! Hide. That moaner is back.
Yes I'm referring to myself.
At A&E Wednesday night being checked for a DVT. I was shocked as I don't smoke. Active and run after my family including my tornado of a 2yr old.
I'm in pain when I'm not resting. My right leg has had pain in use since Monday. I'm taking ibuprofen 3x a day and amitriptyline 25mgs at night. I have such a busy life I cannot not get out and keep my little family ticking along and our swimming regime going. Although swimming maybe off tomorrow unless things change.
Does anyone have any experience of leg and calf pain leaving less feeling in the foot. Cold infact but sensation in the normal areas/ probe areas on my foot but a core numbness and pain when walking?
Hospital ruled out dvt but due to having feeling in my foot they advised just ibuprofen for pain. It was 2am in the morning so I was glad to go home.
I guess this leg pain stops me feeling sorry for myself. Ironically a distraction.
Do you think I should use a crutch that a family friend has offered to take the pressure off the painful leg?
I must add my diabetic nurse at the hospital is brilliant. She called me back to get checked for dvt. I feel lucky to have her.
Don't worry about having a moan that's what we are here far to support each other.
Hope your leg has settled, due to the muscle problems I have, I have been prescribed quinnine to take at night. It really helps with muscle cramps and spasms. I would try the crutch to see if it helps. Hope your soon back to yourself, keep smiling;):)
(((BIG HUGS)))