How much weight have YOU lost?

Lisa_bubbles_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've lost 1 stone in a month since diagnosis and an under active thyroid. Now on meds so that's helped and cutting out the rubbish crisps and chocolate etc ....

Reactions: 8 people

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaning for moanings sake!!
First, an apology - I've not been active on here for several months due to me throwing a bit of a strop, but I thought I ought to be active again as I got brilliant help when I was first diagnosed and it's only fair I provide the same help (where I can) to other people

Now to the good news - I have now beaten my original target weight - total weight loss is 46kg (7st 3 1/2lb) and my BMI is now 22.8, which is probably the lowest it's ever been.

To put that in perspective, these two pictures were taken near enough a year apart View attachment 16456
Wow, well done u bet ur feeling better for it?

Reactions: 2 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks! Yeah, I feel like a new man and about 20 years younger :)
Well done indeed! You look amazing! Thanks for sharing - maybe one day I could do the same (my "before" pic is similar to yours, but I'm still quite far from your "after")

Reactions: 6 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have just reached a milestone in my low carb efforts, and because of my real good health and well-being, I'd thought that I might share it with you lot on this thread, to see what can be done!
Just over two years and after my recent endocrinologist appointment.
I am now just below 12 stone, (I'm sure that there scales are wrong!)
Which means just over two years, I have lost about five stones! Yeah, five stones!

I got measured today for my work wear, how's this?
Shirt, from extra large to medium
Pants, from 38" waist to 32" waist.
Coat from extra large to large!
The lads couldn't believe it! Nor could I!
I still need my belt though!

Thanks to low carbing and the people who have helped me through all this!
Another stone off and my endocrinologist will be happy!

Reactions: 12 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thats awesome you must be chuffed. Isnt it a great feeling when you go down a clothes size, its.priceless.

Reactions: 5 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've lost 1 stone in a month since diagnosis and an under active thyroid. Now on meds so that's helped and cutting out the rubbish crisps and chocolate etc ....
Hi @Lisa_bubbles_ I hope I haven't asked this before but are you on any meds for underactive thyroid which aids weight loss?

rhedgehog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Licorice
Just waiting for my first diabetic review with the DSN, but since july 89th when i was diagnosed with type 2 (and also a ruptured achilles tendon) i have gone from 200 kilos on the dot to 181 last week.

19 kilos, 42 lbs, 3 stone.

This has just been through sticking as close as i can to 2000 calories a day. I am that overweight that this is about 1500 calories less than my body needs just to maintain it's own weight, so it's coming off slowly but surely, and i'm not feeling hungry at all. I wish i'd done it years ago.

All this while in a boot and on crutches. Sadly the achilles ruptured again a few weeks ago and so now am waiting on an operation as it's not going to heal itself. Once that's done and i am actually active again, i'm hoping the weight is going to start really falling off as i'll be able to go cycling and get some proper exercise. Maybe it'll let me get off the metformin as well.

Congrats everyone, keep it up!

Reactions: 4 people

Tirianne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today I reached the milestone of losing 2 and a half stone - 35 pounds (almost 16 kilos!) since being diagnosed T2 on June 8th. My lovely husband has thought of a great way to motivate and encourage me - he's got a strong plastic bag and fills it with stones/pebbles/bricks to the amount I've lost. We've had to start a second bag as the first was almost too heavy to lift:D - just makes me realise how much weight I'm NOT carrying around every day. My birthday is in 4 weeks time and if I can lose another 3 pounds by then, then I'll be in a different stone bracket - for the first time in 20 years:)
ps - following very low carb diet (20 - 30 g per day) and only moderate not high fat.

Reactions: 10 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Isnt it a great feeling when you go down a clothes size, its.priceless.
Yes it's great. I've gone down from a 36" to 32" in trousers. The only problem is that I had given away all the 32" trousers in my wardrobe to charities a few months back, and bought bigger sizes. Now I'm having to buy 32" ones again. I need to buy some smaller belts too.

Reactions: 4 people

brads27

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
cheese
I was told I have type 2 borderline three weeks ago,i got weighed and was almost 25 stone,since then I have lost 12 lbs so a long way to go but moving in the right direction.

Reactions: 7 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I was told I have type 2 borderline three weeks ago,i got weighed and was almost 25 stone,since then I have lost 12 lbs so a long way to go but moving in the right direction.
Well done! 12 lbs in 3 weeks is impressive. :)

brads27

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
cheese
Just ordered a bread maker,will have to work out how many calories are in a slice.

Reactions: 2 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Just ordered a bread maker,will have to work out how many calories are in a slice.
Don't get too carried away with buying new equipment! I've bought a food processor, hand blender (for soups) and slow cooker since I was diagnosed and haven't used any of them yet, though I've bought some beef brisket and am going to cook it in the slow cooker tomorrow probably.
I did think about buying a bread maker, but at the moment I'll stick with the LIDL HP rolls and Burgen bread. I might get one in the future.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Im afraid to buy a breadmaker, it would mean.trouble for me. Theres nothing better than fresh baked bread with butter. It looks like you're well on your way with the weight loss @brads27