Query type 4 connection to multiple lipomas

Dicky1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
As a normal weight diabetic for the past 35 years and have multiple fat lipomas (not large ones) could there be a connection between lipomas and type 4
diabetes?

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Your profile says you're Type 2 - is that correct? How do you treat it?

Could you clarify what you mean by Type 4?

Dicky1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Your profile says you're Type 2 - is that correct? How do you treat it?

Could you clarify what you mean by Type 4?
Hi, Type 2 treated with tablets. Glimepride and a combined metformin . I queried type 4 because of research mentioned on the diabetes forum

Reactions: 2 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi :)

I haven't seen Type 4 mentioned. Do you have a link to what you saw? Or maybe it would be simpler to explain what the term "Type 4" means. I once heard someone refer to Gestational Diabetes as 'Type 4' but I assumed you're male. Please correct me if I'm wrong about your gender.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The normal classification of diabetes includes.T1 (ketosis prone ,deficient in insulin and normally autoimmune) Type 3 which is diabetes of known cause and has lots of subsets from genetic to caused by trauma or drugs and T2 which is a wide range of everything that doesn't fit into the other categories so " (may range from predominantly insulin resistance with relative insulin deficiency to a predominantly secretory defect with insulin resistance)

Gestational or diabetes of pregnancy actually occupies the TIV or T4 category! http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/35/Supplement_1/S64.full.pdf+html