Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

Johnroy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many
Porridge with dollop Greek yogurt and half a banana and a couple of frozen cherries thrown in the porridge during microwaving.

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfasted on omelette and coffee
Lunch - left-over braised oxtail & braised red cabbage
Supper - Meatballs (made the tomato sauce last night), The rest of the family will have pasta, I'll have grilled aubergine. WIne

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, I did have the aubergine instead of pasta - and it really worked well... really tasty. But so was the cheesy pasta... I must admit to trying a couple of forks, just to make sure there was enough cheese in!

Today, omelette and cheese, coffee
Lunch - the very last of the braised oxtail (Can I say that £25 of oxtail and beef cheek has served up 13 portions, costing £1.92 per serving... Free marrow bones for stock and local veggies probably brings that to £2 p/serving...)
Tonight - Chicken curry - bargain bin chicken thighs, home made garam masala, a stack of aubergines for me and some rice for the OH)

Snacking on walnuts

Reactions: 4 people

CharmaineOli4

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
B: Weatbix, milk and coffee
L: Big bowl of popcorn with 3 cheese italian spice
S: Peanut Butter sandwich (low GI brown bread) and coffee
D: Sausages with eggs and toast

Last edited by a moderator:

FloraDora

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I have found a delicious bread in Morrisons. Pricey at £1.60 . but worth it because "normal " breads send my BG through the roof. It,s called Livlife and at only 3.8 carbs per slice, I have 2 toasted with a poached egg for breakfast

I have tried the Morrisons bread for breakfast, will test at 1 hr and 2hrs. I had two slices toasted with peanut butter, purely in the interests of the experiment of course! (Breakfast is running very late today). First time we have managed to find the LivLife in our Morrisons. Burgen bread does not suit me, Lidl Rolls are OK but not available locally.

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B. 2 boiled eggs with 1sl. BURGEN (going to try the Livlife, wonder if it's as light as Slimcea bread? If so, I'm not keen on that.)

S. 4 Oatcakes with 2 Babybel

L. Yesterday's leftovers .. Chicken casserole, carrots, no thickeners. Sugar free jelly & cream. (I snuck an onion bhaji from Morrison's after the chick casserole!!)

Later. Some noodles (0.1 carbs per 100 get grms) with couple of tablespoons left over cheese sauce & extra grated cheese. Might have small glass red wine.

superwoman1964

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B - raspberries, Greek yoghurt, coconut cream, pecans
L - mushroom soup
D - bolognaise sauce, steamed white cabbage and grated cheese.

Reactions: 2 people

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Up late so no breakfast!

Lunch: Bacon and scrambled egg
Dinner: Omelette muffins with 1/2 jacket sweet potato
Snacks: Almonds and sultanas, Greek yoghurt with apple

Hoping that the sultanas will help keep my restless legs at bay.

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: Porridge
Lunch: Salmon, salad and pork crackling
Dinner: Going out - Lebanese - probably lots of lamb!

Reactions: 2 people

Nigelh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Ive just had breaded cod, 1 potato waffle and a whole tin of mushy peas. I don't test very often and have been avoiding carbs as much as possible until today. I just thought id see what happened. My Bg before my meal was 6.3 which is a bit higher than previous but ive been a bit off colour, and two hours after it is 8.0 so im quite pleased with that. Im t2 on metformin x4 a day. I calculated there was about 80g of carbs in my meal tonight. Its not my usual kind of meal, thats my first bit of spud ive had for months.. surprisingly it was the mushy peas that had the highest amount of carbs per 100g.

craig0121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast. Bacon
Dinner. Cheese ham and a bag of pork scratchings
Tea. 2 pork chops cauliflower topped with grated cheese.

craig0121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast. 2 apples.
Dinner. Lettuce qucumber with some grated cheese
Tea. Bacon mushroom onion chive and garlic omelet

flossymartin05

Oh dear......my friend "treated " me to afternoon tea .She'd been given it as a present and wanted to take me .Before commencing metformin I said ok.Now LCHF.....on metformin 2000mg but didn't want to disappoint her and not go .So I had coffee....two small sandwiches but on white bread and two little cakes as part of a set selection put on the table .Once back home tested my sugar and OMG it's 12.5.....Beforehand it was 6.5......I can't do that again...but I had to say it was lovely of her to take me...etc etc.
20 mins on the exercise bike ....down to 10 one hour later 6.5....phew .!!
Back to LCHF now......

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

craig0121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast 1 apple and a boiled egg
Dinner. Bag of pork scratchings
Tea. Roast chicken breast. Cauliflower carrots with a sprinkle of grates cheddar.

craig0121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast. An apple and some Wiltshire ham
Dinner scrambled egg and Wiltshire ham.
Tea smoked gammon and applewood cheese

craig0121

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast. 2 apples
Dinner. Gammon and applewood cheese.
Tea. Home made Chinese chicken curry 5 chips

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday was no breakfast, just coffee and snacked on walnuts
Leftover chicken stew from the weekend, for luch
Supper: Salmon with chillie jam (V bad), prawns and butternut squash, aubergine and samphire stack (pan cooked butternut squash and aubergine rounds with rosemary and garlic and some slices of red pepper, made a pretty stack!) - glass of white wine

Sweet-Blood

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The rain.
Not had anything today yet... Yesterday had 1 x red apple, chicken curry with some microchips, then later a half bag of peanut m&m's :(

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday was again egg & cheese omelet, coffee
Lunch: last of the chicken stew with some spinach thrown in to pack it out a bit
Supper: Steak & veggie stack (I really like the aubergine & butternut squash - this time flavoured with thyme & garlic, went very well with the steak)

I'll be out for lunch, a Mediterranean place up the road that does the best mixed salad and a slice of belly pork. YUM

Tonight I've offered a burger stack - the boys are swimming tonight, so I'll do burgers for them with buns and fries, then when they're in bed I'll do burgers for us and I'll major on veggies and some of the homemade 'slaw I made at the weekend.

Off to research how carby celeriac is!

I may well have a beer, too!