Needing the toilet all the time !!! Help

ryan1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello i am 25 year old male and am a type 1 going on 7 years now i am having strange symptoms which have come on in the last month i have noticed that i like drinking alot be it water or no added sugar squash i drink most likely around 15 cups a day and am going the toilet around 15 times a day which is strange and excessive my sugar control isn't the best but it is i am told too low for a diabetic my h1ac is 4.4 so very low i constantly feel like i need a wee and i feel damp below all the time i have been the GP and have been checked for urine infection and have recently been treated for Chlamydia i am worried about diabetic bladder and wonder if anyone here had neuropathy of the bladder and if this is a symptom ? thank you

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thrush can cause similar issues. Has your GPchecked for that?

That wouldn't cause the thirst, but that could be due to highs at some times of the day and night. In theory, someone can have a good HbA1C but have 'rollercoaster' blood sugars with lots of lows and highs.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The amount of squash is probably the clue you need to have a look at if not a urine infection.
The type of squash usually contains a diuretic.
Thus the number of times you need to go is up.
Also are you injecting too much insulin as this increases the number of times I visit!
(Though I know very little of T1 and what you have to do.)
I would definitely look at the squash! Too much fructose for me!!!!

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Perhaps people need to read Ryan's other posts so an idea can be formed as to his problems.