First three month test

Mybesteffort

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Apologies for not saying it properly, but my test came back 6.1 and that is well lower than the target 7 my doctor had set.

I was kind of scared to go and get that test since I hadn't been using a meter. I am pretty sure I was at 10.3 at diagnosis but lost my papers in a house move. Oh well I will ask my doctor again for another copy of the initial bloodwork results.

Presently it is very cool that I can go online and see my lab results.

I am not sure about cholesterol and the like. I don't understand this part and am looking forward to my doctor helping me with this. I think I may have improved but not as well.

I am kind of happy but know I need to balance a bit better.

Reactions: 3 people

R2T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Winter, war, pestilence

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done! My GP practice doesn't have patients' records online yet.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done!!!

These are the cholesterol guidelines for diabetics:

Triglycerides 0 to 1.7
HDL 1.2 to 3.5
LDL 0 to 2
Total/HDL ratio under 4.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done. When you discuss cholesterol, don't worry about the total reading but discuss the LDL/HDL ratio; that's much more important.

Mybesteffort

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Everyone Here.

Thanks so much for your support and good experience stories.

Thank you for putting numbers out there. I got a phone message from my doctor's office to say my results were so different for my blood sugar (sorry for not saying it right) 6.1 and just keep on doing what I am doing. My LDL/HDL ratio is not dropped so well. It is 5.5. I need to have good conversation about maybe restarting statins or diet. Presently I am on metformin 2x500mg, just eating and staying off bread, potatoes, rice and candyfloss. Sometimes, I just get cranky about lack of snack food and being too lazy to pop pop corn, I eat a bag of pork rinds (That happens about twice a month).

I know I was eating too much cheese etc and not eating oatmeal.
So confusing..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people