Diet only
To succeed you need these conditions :
  1. Fear of the complications of diabetes
  2. Courage and determination to fight and win
  3. A desire to understand
  4. A good medical team that wants you to be well and happy
  5. The support of your husband, your family and your friends
  6. Not care about what people think of the way you are managing your life
That is a recipe for success and, yes, happiness if happiness mean leading the life you want and accomplishing what you deem worthy of you.
Hope I do not sound too pompous.:)
I love this! You don't sound pompous at all, just very motivating! :D

I don't live in France but visit often, as my OH is French. I find it easy to eat fantastic LC food at home and in restaurants, as long as I keep away from boulangeries and patisseries!

Last edited by a moderator:

fredericmarcel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I love this! You don't sound pompous at all, just very motivating! :D

I don't live in France but visit often, as my OH is French. I find it easy to eat fantastic LC food at home and in restaurants, as long as I keep away from boulangeries and patisseries!
I live over an excellent boulangerie-patisserie :)
My days of croissants, religieuses au café, mille-feuilles, Saint-Honoré and baguettes de tradition are over. No regret and (touch wood) no special attraction.
I did not choose to become diabetic. If I had realized I was pre-diabetic five years ago, I would probably have looked for a way to avoid becoming a diabetic. But not having watched my BG, I now live with the consequences.
And, to tell, the truth, I do not remember feeling as well in all my adult life.
Is it possible to live without the huge investment on food that seems to be so common?
Of course it is. Anyway, the whole world seems to be going towards frugality to have a future.
Glucose and carbon dioxyde, même combat.

Reactions: 2 people