Obstetric Cholestasis & big babies

nmb264

Hello
I'm 34 weeks pregnant and have had itchy skin for a few weeks. I kept being told it was OK until I pushed for the blood test and it's now confirmed I have Obstetric Cholestasis. Google as usual was my first port of call and now I'm so stressed. I've to go in to day assessment tomorrow. Has anyone else experienced this?

They also kept labouring the point about movements on Monday so I'm even more paranoid than normal!

At my clinic appt on Monday I got a growth scan and his tummy is measuring big now too and he's coming in about 5.5lbs already.

My blood pressure is higher too but I know that's because I'm stressing!

Thanks Natalie

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bumping this for you, Natalie, to see if anyone has any experience.

Good luck with the day assessment. I know it must be a big worry, but the important thing to remember is that now they've found the OC they'll be able to keep a close eye on you and baby. Make sure you ask as many questions as you want so that you know exactly what's going on.

Yes, movements are important (for every mum) I found it helpful to write down my baby's movements each day in a little notebook. That way I could look back and see if his movements had changed at all, and know that I wasnt misrembering or anything.

Take care {{hug}}

Azure xx

Reactions: 2 people

nmb264

Thanks azure. I think I need to start writing it down because by late evening I can't remember if he moved in the morning! I finished up for mat leave recently and noticed the less I done the less he moved so I'm trying to be less lazy!!

Day assessment was OK. One liver result had reduced and the other increased so I'm getting retested on Monday. They done another abdominal scan of my liver because I'm in so much pain in my upper right abdomen but the scan was OK. They hope this constant pain will go when baby comes. Suffice to say my blood has ran high all week with the worry!x

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you for the update - I was wondering how you got on. Sorry you're in pain. The last few weeks of pregnancy can be exhausting enough without being in so much pain.

Wishing you all the best xx