What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
B: coffeencream
L: another pub lunch, with chips :rolleyes:
But absolutely no regrets! They were, quite possibly, the best chips EVER. Big, fat, golden, with crunchy translucent corners and that perfect quality that kept their succulence right to the end of the meal. Divine.
D: will be chicken breasts with assorted veg and a coyo.
@Brunneria

**Drool**

Reactions: 4 people

Annieok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I shouldn't have clicked on that post @Brunneria . I'm only 2 hours into my 16 hour fast and I basically want to knock on my neighbour's door and ask if I can lick a potato. I miss spuds.

Reactions: 6 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I shouldn't have clicked on that post @Brunneria . I'm only 2 hours into my 16 hour fast and I basically want to knock on my neighbour's door and ask if I can lick a potato. I miss spuds.
Don't worry.
These were once-in-a-lifetime Mythic Chips.
You could knock on every neighbour's house from here to Land's End, and they would be a disappointment in comparison.

In fact, there is no point in me ever having chips again. They will always fall short...

But if you are ever in NW Norfolk, look up the Crown and Mitre pub, in Kings Lynn.
It will be worth the trip.
:D

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ooooh - I'm going to Norfolk on holiday at the end of February. Recommendation jotted down in diary. I have no idea how close to Kings Lynn we're going through.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Nope - just checked and it's over 70 miles from where we're staying. :'

Reactions: 2 people

Annieok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Having no immediate plans to visit Norfolk, then I reckon I'm safe from the epic chips. Phew!

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B. 2 fried eggs on 1.1/2 slices buttered BURGEN

L. 2 large (home made) meatballs with LC noodles (horrible) & Chinese sauce

D. Corned beef & pickled onions with 1.1/2 slices buttered BURGEN.

S. Mug hot milk & 2 Rich Tea biscuits (gone midnight)

Not very nice food today.

pam_x_pam

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Brunneria i "hate" you ;) I had a dream about those chips last night..... one thing I'm missing on LC is chips.

I had some bacon and eggs with cheese this morning. I think I will stick to liquids rest of the day. That stomach ache won't let me be :(

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Brunch: 4 grilled back bacon, 2 'good' chipolata sausages, half can Napolina tomatoes, mushrooms fried in dripping (yum), 2 fried eggs and half a lidl protein roll. 2 mugs black coffee.

Work 'tea': Sliced Chinese chicken breast, romaine, 3 cherry tomatoes, couple slices of cucumber, few slices red onion. A tablespoon Hellmanns with a hint of garlic mayo.

Supper: The other half of the lidl protein roll with 30g taramasalata

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
B. 1 slice Burgen toasted, cheese slice
L. Chicken drumstick, boiled egg
D. Chicken drumsticks x2, plain omelette
S. 2 glasses red wine and big handful almonds while watching "Strictly"

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back home from hol, and back on the level of lc that suits me - starting to feel better already.

It has been an excellent reminder that I have no choice but to make it a lifestyle. :D

B: bacon, egg, mushrooms and gave the sausage away. Latte.
L: not needed. Seemed to be still full from earlier in the week!
D: chicken with green beans, cauli cheese and 2 squares good choc.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Tomato, Mushroom, 2 big mugs of Tea

L: Pastrami, Saurkraut and Pickles

D: Sirloin Steak, Mushrooms with Borsin, Roasted Veg, Asparagus

Roquefort with 2 Jacobs Savours

85% Choc

Lots of Merlot

Reactions: 5 people

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Today was a baddie in terms of grub...I blame Brunneria. (Well, until I saw what she had written I blamed myself, but seeing as she had them too..)
Chips. salted and vinegared to within an inch of their crispy, luscious lives. And a sausage in batter. I resisted the temptation to stick the chips in a butty though. Bg's two hours later, 6.5. I consider myself lucky, and tomorrow is another day so onward.

Um...did I mention I live In Norfolk?:D

Reactions: 3 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee n cream, 2 eggs n cream, scrambled

L: fudge slice, coffee n cream, cheese

D: pork belly, cauliflour, cheese sauce

P: 2 slices sf pavlova, 4 small strawberries

S: peanuts

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
B: coffee n cream, 2 eggs n cream, scrambled

L: fudge slice, coffee n cream, cheese

D: pork belly, cauliflour, cheese sauce

P: 2 slices sf pavlova, 4 small strawberries

S: peanuts
How do you make sugar free Pavlova @4ratbags ,since it's just sugar and egg white?

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@13lizanne artificial sugar, xylitol. It doesnt have the crunchy topping but definately looks and tastes like pav apart from that. I was making a pav for my family and I love to lick the beaters and bowl but I wasnt about to eat their.mixture so I made my own.

Reactions: 5 people

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B. 2 fried eggs on 1.1/2 slices buttered BURGEN

L. 2 large (home made) meatballs with LC noodles (horrible) & Chinese sauce

D. Corned beef & pickled onions with 1.1/2 slices buttered BURGEN.

S. Mug hot milk & 2 Rich Tea biscuits (gone midnight)

Not very nice food today.

What kind of noodles did you get? I saw some pre-cooked ones yesterday in an organic shop, but I found them to be quite expensive.

Yesterday I had:

B: Greek yoghurt with nuts, seeds, cinnamon and raw cacao
L: bacon sauerkraut with tofu-sesame patties
D: salad with tomatoes and mozzarella, four small home made chocolate pralines (mix of coconut oil, coconut cream, cacao, some flax seeds, then put in heart-shaped moulds and filled with almond butter)

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
What kind of noodles did you get? I saw some pre-cooked ones yesterday in an organic shop, but I found them to be quite expensive.

Yesterday I had:

B: Greek yoghurt with nuts, seeds, cinnamon and raw cacao
L: bacon sauerkraut with tofu-sesame patties
D: salad with tomatoes and mozzarella, four small home made chocolate pralines (mix of coconut oil, coconut cream, cacao, some flax seeds, then put in heart-shaped moulds and filled with almond butter)

The noodles, from Morrisons, Blue Dragon, they weren't dried, (0.1 carbs per 100 gr) they were in a double plastic bag and had to be drained, even after 1/2 hour in a sieve, they were still quite wet, and splattered in the pan with the other veg. Not quite sure, I think these were about £1.50 to serve 2 (small portions, I'd say)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Yeah thats first thing in the morning so fasting. I may be coming down with something, my throat is a bit sore and a bit of cough so maybe that why.
I feel awful to be honest. I am on my 3rd day today and I have never (thats a lie right here lol) felt so bad.... I dont know if its the lack of carbs, detox, or my other health issues trying to get best of me, but my head is absolutely killing me, I can just about move around and my stomach is just one big pain... its not that I am hungry... I dont really know how to explain this! I would drink some tea and this stomach feeling goes away for few mins and comes back... I feel exactly same as before they diagnosed IIH so maybe its just flaring up again. Ugh...

I still dont get how people can live on coffee :p I cant stand the smell of coffee :p Never mind the taste.

I will stay away from squash. Black tea it is from now... and water. Loadz!
Hi... sorry to be so long getting back to you... If you feel awful after beginning to low-carb you probably have ketosis flu!! When you first start seriously low-carb-high-fat you feel dreadful... aching bones and all.... after a couple of days it should go away and you'll feel amazing with luck... :)