Insulin Pumps and Scans....

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

Hello,

I have my 12 week scan Monday....eee!! But I was just wondering do I need to disconnect my insulin pump or not?? Might seem like a bit of a silly question but just thought I would check! xx

1Sarah1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I never did for any of mine and I had a lot as I was expecting twins too. Just make sure you wipe gel off as it gets everywhere!
Good luck x

Patch13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good luck with the scan - so exciting to get to see the baby! I didn't disconnect mine. I just informed the person doing the scanning what it was at each scan I've had. It's never been a problem keeping it on and at my 20 weeks scan the lady just asked me to put my hand over the cannula so she didn't knock into it.

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I just made sure mine was more on my side rather than front of stomach so less likely to be in the way, but didn't need to disconnect, let us know how your scan goes Hun :) xx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've never removed my pump for a scan and haven't ever been asked to do so. I don't use my tummy for cannulas so that was fine, but I do usually clip my pump to my waist band, so I just moved it a bit so it wasn't in the way.

Good luck with your scan :)