Humpf!

Donnadoobie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This week I thought I was getting somewhere, really good BG levels this week with numbers I have not seen for a while Thursday bedtime was 4.7 and yesterday fasting was 5.2. Last night bedtime was 6.2 and this morning fasting was 6.4! Humpf is all I can think of to say.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Try not to stress out about it, they are what they are. Do you test before and after meals as well as that would give you a better indication if how you are doing. My last HbA1c test was 34 so non diabetic levels but my FBG this morning was 6.4 as well, go figure. Im sure you are doing great so keep your chin up and remember its a marathon not a sprint.

Reactions: 2 people

Donnadoobie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks
I do test if it is something new but not if it is something I have eaten before without problems. This morning it's 5.6 so feeling a bit more cheerful with that.

Reactions: 2 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My fbs reading is usually between 4.8 and 5.0 but I sometimes have one in the low to mid 5s for no apparent reason! Do you retest if you get one out of the ordinary - I had a 6.8 the other morning but immediately retested and it was 4.9 so guess which one I settled on!

Donnadoobie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do sometimes retest but it is often higher, so stopped doing it

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This week I thought I was getting somewhere, really good BG levels this week with numbers I have not seen for a while Thursday bedtime was 4.7 and yesterday fasting was 5.2. Last night bedtime was 6.2 and this morning fasting was 6.4! Humpf is all I can think of to say.

Do you keep a food diary? I found that helpful when, in the early days, I might have the odd "eh?!??" reading, as you describe. Going back over the previous 24 hours, taking into account of dietary intake, general wellbeing and stress usually helped give a clue, but sometimes it just happens. When that's the case, I'm afraid its a case of record and move on.

Only be concerned it it becomes the new trend.