Juicyj
Reaction score

Profile Posts Latest activity Postings About

• can anybody advise me whether the freestyle libre is any good for glucose monitoring?
    Juicyj
    Juicyj
    Hi @gisele1949 I am currently using it and would recommend it, you still have to test on your normal meter for driving, but for a greater idea of what's going on and to track your BG overnight, it is a good piece of kit to have.
    hi i have type one diabetes i have started a new job which has long hours .How can i boost my energy any ideas
    K
    Kevin_squires_
    hi i am new to this i take 18 units of apidra three times a day and 18 units at night of lantus do you know how much insulin to take per 1000 calories , My averages are around 8 mmoi over 90 days
    Juicyj
    Juicyj
    Sorry Kevin I cannot advise you on this, your nurse/consultant should be working with you to ensure your insulin doses are matching your requirements, are you in regular contact ? and are you recording your results, your averages sound good to me ;)
    himtoo
    himtoo
    hi kevin juicyj is right , we cannot hand out direct advice for specific dosing requirements-- check with your DSN
    Congratulations on your role as a moderator juicyj. You were one of a few nominees I voted for, good luck :eek:))
    Juicyj
    Juicyj
    Ah thank you so much Robin, lovely to hear from you, appreciate your vote, hope to do a good job, I was worried about the level of commitment but think it's manageable. Hope you are keeping well x
    Standing outside Tescos in June to raise money for Diabetes UK please give generously and stop for a chat if you're at Stratford on Avon ;)
    10th March 2014 - Latest update, background retinopathy detected, feeling blue..
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…