£$%^ for Brains?

Helsin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know I've had a lot to get my head around lately, what with moving back to England from Germany, IBS, high blood pressure, more visits to the doctor and hospital for appointments and tests in the last couple of months than ever before in my life ... oh, and a diabetes diagnosis, but how on earth did I completely forget my DESMOND course last week????? I only thought to look at the letter 10 minutes ago. I've obviously just hit a mental brick wall or maybe my subconscious is refusing to acknowledge the condition. I'll have to ring them tomorrow and apologise. I wasn't looking forward to going, but I did mean to ... honest!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Went to shop last week to buy onions.. Came out with a pepper..
Life's full of forgetfulness. A little humble pie with apologies and you'll get another opportunity for DESMOND...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Helsin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to be really good at organising other people. I haven't forgotten that I made a dentist appointment for my husband tomorrow. I'm just a failure when it comes to myself.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
No, you just do what all mums do. Everyone else comes first and you're last on the list. Stop beating yourself up and take some me time. Preferably away from house and without mobile. You'll feel refreshed and better equipped to carry on. Take carex

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No, you just do what all mums do. Everyone else comes first and you're last on the list. Stop beating yourself up and take some me time. Preferably away from house and without mobile. You'll feel refreshed and better equipped to carry on. Take carex
Scandi's right, we've all forgotten appointments from time to time. You won't be the first person to have forgotten a DESMOND course and I doubt if you will be the last. x

Helsin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven't got the mum excuse, but I have always been accustomed to sorting out others rather than myself. I've phoned (answer machine - yay!) and apologised.

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
"Brain fog due to diabetes?" - what is that? Besides using diabetes as an excuse?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
"Brain fog due to diabetes?" - what is that? Besides using diabetes as an excuse?

It's something I suffered from when I was diagnosed and also when I lapsed from low carbing for a while due to having had an operation. My DN told me about it. It can be a symptom of diabetes so when the OP said she had hit a mental brick wall I genuinely thought this may have been the case here.

http://voices.yahoo.com/silent-diabetes-5-signs-diabetes-and-11404358.html?cat=70
http://www.diabetesdaily.com/forum/type-2-diabetes/40584-brain-fog/
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/brain-fog.31190/

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
I am sure that since being diagnosed and changing diet, my thinking is clearer.
Although I don't drink much now so could be that.

Reactions: 4 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I am sure that since being diagnosed and changing diet, my thinking is clearer.
Although I don't drink much now so could be that.
I had brain fog, T1 too, but it wasn't due to diabetes but B12 deficiency. Sincelejo els are now super sonic high I can still be forgetful, but that is far different to the fog I used to have.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I certainly had brain fog and was always extremely tired before I was diagnosed (T2) last year and went on a low carb diet - I'd put my zombie like state down to one of the pleasures of becoming old and decrepit!! Now I'm feeling human again and can't believe what a difference it's made to my life.

Robbity

Reactions: 5 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes

Helsin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was definitely of the opinion that my head was clearer once I had purged the carbs, but I spoke too soon! Could also be menopause, of course.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Menopause can definitely sometimes make you a bit dozy and forgetful! When I was working there were several of us around menopause age, and it was quite obvious that our hormones were messing with our brains/memories; I'd worked with some of these ladies for many years and such changes really stood out.

Robbity