‘Addicted’ or should that be Dedicated or Determined?!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve just been awarded the ‘Addicted’ trophy! I do feel that addicted has some bad associations, drink, drugs or in our former lives carbs! I prefer Dedicated or Determined! Anyway I feel I should be awarding this Forum a trophy though, as without it I wouldn’t be over four stone lighter and have a non diabetic HbA1c! So here it is (hoping that an Apple emoji works)
EDIT The Apple emoji didn’t work :banghead: but take it from me there was a glittering gold cup there :joyful:

41EB2B05-2AFD-41A8-A79E-820FD2B09F50.png

Last edited:
Reactions: hankjam and Salvia

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations! If it is working for you, it must be a healthy drug!

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ahem, my turn, 1,000 posts, just got the "Addicted" medal. Albeit with a lot fewer "likes" than @Rachox whose example we can all learn from....

(These metrics are pretty artificial but have a fun of their own.)

Reactions: Rachox

Robbieswan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, the word addiction, yes I grant you, does have some very unpleasant connotations, however, in this instance I really do feel it's appropriate. This forum is very addictive, as is the thirst for knowledge to better our situations. Sex addiction on the other hand. ( get it? ), no, seriously, sex addiction I have no issue with whatsoever lol. Robert Palmer's "Addicted to love", Five star's " System addict ", all good uses of the word addict. I think we are all addicts here, it's just you have the title to prove it. Good on 'yer gal. !

Reactions: Rachox