1 hour or 2

Flair

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hai

I did ask here when to test to find a high Spick in glucose.

They said 1 hour 7.8 and 2 hours .6.8.

My question is my bloodsugar is Always low after 1 hour like 6.2 and it the rise is at 2 hours.

So how do I test. Because I can t be low at 2 hours is That is the high for me? Do I need to test at 2 and 3 hours.

Can somebody explain what is happening and what can I do to test.

No diabetes no prediabets. But insulin resitance?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
When you peak depends on a few factors, one of which is the content of the meal you have eaten. The type of carbs, the amount of fat, will both have a role to play. Another maybe how well your pancreas is working as regards the first phase insulin response. Another maybe insulin resistance. Or all three. Peaks can happen at any time from 30 minutes to 3 hours or even longer.

The general guidance is to test 2 hours after first bite. If you want to be more precise, you can also test earlier and later than 2 hours, but you would end up with very sore fingers if you do this for every meal!

The idea is to keep the post meal levels as low as you can for as long as you can.

Flair

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
So if I am under 7.8 after 2 hours That is okay. Even if I am 7. 2 after 3 hours?

No I dont want to test That much because every time it is a different reaction. I did Just read hear healthy people are very low.

So I dont know sometimes how to interpetated the results.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So if I am under 7.8 after 2 hours That is okay. Even if I am 7. 2 after 3 hours?

No I dont want to test That much because every time it is a different reaction. I did Just read hear healthy people are very low.

So I dont know sometimes how to interpetated the results.

I would not be happy with anything like 7.2 after 3 hours as it would show I was not conquering my diabetes. The longer you are high, the worse it is for you. So 3 hours high isn't good. Non-diabetics are normally back to where they started after 2 to 2.5 hours.

Flair

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
But I am not 3 hours high because the first hour is low. Does That make sense?

Last edited:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
But I am not hours high because the first hour is low. Does That make sense?

Yes, it makes sense, but you don't really know how long you are high if you only test on the hour. Your 1 hour reading is going upwards, if that makes sense. At what point are you back to where you were before you ate?

As I said to you on another thread, insulin resistance can be helped by exercise, but mostly by cutting out the insulin spikes. To do that you need to lower carbs a lot and also be aware of foods that cause insulin to rise, and these are not just carbs.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/christoffer.green#!/vizhome/InsulinogenicFoodData/Dashboard1

This is a chart of foods showing how much insulin is needed to deal with them.

Flair

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Normaly I am at under 7.8 at 2 hours.
I did check a few time low at 1 hour like 6.1 then 7.8 at 2 hours and 7.2 at 3 hours Then its like 4.7 at 4 hours.
So sometimes it stay in the 7 between 2 and 3 hours? But normaly I don t test at 3 hours. Do you think I should?

Well the spikes That is what I am trying to find. This is the result. I only did find this 2 strange readings in 3 months testing.

I am fasting 18 a day eating only 2 meals a day and sport. I do eat now more legumes and veggie etc. This because low carb did not work and I did not lose weight. So I try a different way.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well the spikes That is what I am trying to find. This is the result. I only did find this 2 in 3 months testing.

I am talking about INSULIN spikes, not glucose spikes. They are not at all the same thing. Too much insulin circulating round will make insulin resistance worse. Equally, too much glucose will make insulin resistance worse. If you want to reduce insulin and glucose, then lowering carbs is the way to go, as well as choosing foods low in insulin requirements as shown on that chart.

Flair

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
The chart you send me does not work.
I know insulin spike is different. But I was told to keep the glucose low That is the way to not Let insulin spike. So That is what I am trying. I do watch carbs. But I eat more vegan now. So like a plate of chicken Peas with vegatable. Not a plate of Meat like low carb.