10 week low carb program

pollywatkins

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I have just started this and am now on day 3! Has anyone else done it? Is there a particular place on the Forum where I might find others who are doing it?
Thanks

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just started this and am now on day 3! Has anyone else done it? Is there a particular place on the Forum where I might find others who are doing it?
Thanks

Actually, bearing in mind how many people have done the LC Programme, I wonder if @Administrator has considered a sub forum for it. It could be a great place for programme participants to support each other along the way.

Polly, have tagged Admin to bring this to his attention.

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Reactions: ME_Valentijn

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I am into my 5th week of LCHF and am finding it very good. Only one problem. Had to buy new knickers. Mine kept falling down!

Reactions: Bows

Dennyking

Thanks
I was prediabetic at my annual check-up last year.By doing a No Carbs No Sugar diet for 10 weeks and following up doing it 50/50 I am now down to a blood sugar count of 41 - and the diet was easy to stick to.
Denis

pollywatkins

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi Denis, What do you mean by 50/50?
I am now half way through week 2 and really enjoying the 10 week programme. I like the way one is not instructed what to do, but given choices of possible actions. It fits in with my rebellious side! By simply aiming to be aware of how much carb I am eating, I seem to be keen to try and eat less. If I was told I had to eat less, I would feel deprived and possibly eat more.
I am finding it very helpful coming on here also. Having spent decades trying and failing at all sorts of diets, somehow I have a different motivation now. I have always felt reasonably fit and healthy as I run regularly, and still do; my motivation in the past to change the way I eat has been to do with wanting to wear different clothes and run faster. Now I know my body actually is not in good shape and if I continue as I am, I will have all sorts of horrible problems, it is time to change my diet. And coming from that mindset, it actually feels easy to avoid carbs and decline all the high carb food that comes my way. I always thought that I needed to change my mindset not just what I ate that would make a difference.

Reactions: Alison Campbell