100 Push-ups a Day for 30 Days - What fitness challenge will you do for 30 days

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Yesterday I completed a 100 push-up a day challenge. I set this goal alongside my regualar weight and cardio training as an extra, and did not treat this as part of my regime.

At first I was doing 100 push-ups in 10 minutes. The protocol was 30 push-ups with an active rest of front kick, side kick and repeating off of the other leg, then another 30, repeat of the kicking and then any combination to complete the 100.

To challenge myself more I set a goal of 100 push-ups in under 5 minutes. This was made up of an initial 50, followed by splits of 10, with the kicking as an active rest.

I then set a further goal of 100 push-ups in under 4 minutes. This was made up of an initial 50, followed by splits of 10, with the squats as an active rest.

I really enjoyed this challenge, when I moved to 50 initial push-ups this did give me the burn I crave. On the last day I did a further 40 push-ups before bed. On day 31 I pushed to set a time and did 100 in 3 mins 33 seconds, then did some weights, I will do 50 before bed tonight and am likely to keep doing 100 push-ups indefinitely, as I like it.

Will you set yourself a fitness challenge for 30 days, and if so what will you do? There are plenty of 30 day charts on the net for ticking off days.

Reactions: Freema

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Mbaker . Congratulations and well done. You must be feeling extremely satisfied with what you've achieved.
Spotted a few of these challenges. It's amazing what levels and targets you can achieve in a relatively short space of time.
Never actually done a 30 day challenge but often adopt a specific training regime for a set period of time in order to see how far I can progress in the set time. It's nice to look back to see and feel the achievements, as you've brilliantly pointed out.
Can only imagine the burn from that many push-ups. I'm guessing it's that nice,satisfying burn that ultimately makes you feel deep down good.

Reactions: Freema