2 months diagnosed - complications

Ann19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
"I took my blood sugar some 90 mins after finishing 7.2 then again at 1am some 5 hours after and it was 7.0"

Don't kid yourself that it didn't do any harm, testing at those times, I'd think that you will have missed the peak in your levels, after 90 mins it was still rising and at 5 hours it will be well on the way down. You really need to push your GP to refer you to the hospital to get to the bottom of your pains and to sort your medication/diet.

Ann

AllyS

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
All my illness's
Ann19 said:
"I took my blood sugar some 90 mins after finishing 7.2 then again at 1am some 5 hours after and it was 7.0"

Don't kid yourself that it didn't do any harm, testing at those times, I'd think that you will have missed the peak in your levels, after 90 mins it was still rising and at 5 hours it will be well on the way down. You really need to push your GP to refer you to the hospital to get to the bottom of your pains and to sort your medication/diet.

Ann
Just tried it again today, half the birthday cake left, gobbled down a good portion, more than would be normal, measured my blood sugar 2.5 hours after .... 5.3!?!?! :crazy:

AllyS

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
All my illness's
woops, sorry, I got that wrong, it was 5.2 ;)