2017/2018 Football Season

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Ok so I'm previous by 2 and a half months but what the heck. The 2016/17 season is now over and the super Town are in the Premier League. Fixtures are published on Wednesday 14th June at 9am. Watch this space for news. :watching::watching::D

Reactions: Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Glad you've started this as pre season can be boring.

Hope you start a separate thread for the battle between the English and Scots at Wemberley in a couple of weeks. You never know, it could be the last time that Wemberley will still be standing, after last time!

Nice one mate!

The superwhites have already signed five players mostly young uns.
With a lot to sign up, hopefully by our first pre season friendly at PP v Liverpoo!

Not gonna be a long summer off innit?

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Glad you've started this as pre season can be boring.

Hope you start a separate thread for the battle between the English and Scots at Wemberley in a couple of weeks. You never know, it could be the last time that Wemberley will still be standing, after last time!

Nice one mate!

The superwhites have already signed five players mostly young uns.
With a lot to sign up, hopefully by our first pre season friendly at PP v Liverpoo!

Not gonna be a long summer off innit?

That's a good idea and I'll let you do the honours with that one. :)

Reactions: jay hay-char

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Fixtures aside, the 2 match ban for diving will be interesting next season, not before time I say.........

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Predictions for the new season:

In a shock development, Ronald Koemann announces that he has made a hideous mistake moving to Everton, and wants to return to the Saints. Following this announcement, Gareth Bale, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott, Adam Lallana and Sadio Mané also announce that they have had second thoughts and wish to be released from their contracts to return to St Mary's. In a gesture of solidarity with a fellow Premiership side (and Real Madrid), their clubs agree to release them on a free transfer.

Saints then win the Premiership, FA and League (or whatever it's going to be called next year) Cups and end the season in a blaze of glory, beating Chelski 6-0 at Stamford Bridge, to equal their away scores at the other top 6 clubs and their 12-0 thrashing of Liverpoo at St Mary's.

In separate developments, peer-reviewed research published in Nature Journal confirms that the moon is made of green cheese.

That is all :D

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Predictions for the new season:

In a shock development, Ronald Koemann announces that he has made a hideous mistake moving to Everton, and wants to return to the Saints. Following this announcement, Gareth Bale, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott, Adam Lallana and Sadio Mané also announce that they have had second thoughts and wish to be released from their contracts to return to St Mary's. In a gesture of solidarity with a fellow Premiership side (and Real Madrid), their clubs agree to release them on a free transfer.

Saints then win the Premiership, FA and League (or whatever it's going to be called next year) Cups and end the season in a blaze of glory, beating Chelski 6-0 at Stamford Bridge, to equal their away scores at the other top 6 clubs and their 12-0 thrashing of Liverpoo at St Mary's.

In separate developments, peer-reviewed research published in Nature Journal confirms that the moon is made of green cheese.

That is all :D
I trust your intuition @jay hay-char , I'm going to the bookies this morning.... ;)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very wise of you. Put on a tenner for me, would you? :D :D
My son started Uni in Soton in 2008 (4 year course) . He said he would put a tenner on Saints being promoted to the premiership by the time he left (2012) Sadly he forgot to do this...:rolleyes:
I think I'll miss out the green cheese bit of the bet, the rest seems perfectly reasonable to me :)

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Counting down. Our Fixture list comes out on Wednesday 15th June 2017. Bring it on and about 3 weeks after that we can begin the warm up games. UTT

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Slightly off topic but did anyone see the Under 20 World Cup Final, caught the second half and England were the deserved winners, that penalty save was excellent considering the keeper went the wrong way :)

Reactions: johnboy412000

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Slightly off topic but did anyone see the Under 20 World Cup Final, caught the second half and England were the deserved winners, that penalty save was excellent considering the keeper went the wrong way :)

No I didn't see that.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Yeah, watched it with great interest!
I thought that it was a better game tactically than the game yesterday.
Some talent on the pitch and a lot of letters used with those double barreled names!:)

First world trophy at any age since '66! (Woo hoo!)

nxybagr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Come on the Mighty Scunthorpe United....I wonder if it will allow my home town name or if it gets altered

Reactions: Cumberland

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, as I predicted, Claude Puel has got the shove from Southampton and they hope to announce his replacement by the end of the month: a bit unfair to him (after all, we finished 8th in the Prem and got to the League Cup final) but he never really inspired the fans, and in spite of finishing only two places below the previous season, that's a bit misleading as we got considerably more points last time out.

As to his replacement; who knows? We'll see soon, I hope :eek:.

Reactions: Cumberland