2017/2018 Football Season

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Well blow me down I predicted Man City to beat Arsenal 3-1 and sure as eggs are eggs they did just that. My first exact prediction :D

Reactions: Cumberland

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Even our Ladies managed to notch up a 2-0 win. :D A nice weekend for the Town. And yesterday was Wagner's 2nd anniversary in charge of the lads so he's well chuffed. Couldn't have asked for a nicer present :D

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well what can one say. Everton certainly took Watford by surprise it finished 3-2 what a corker.
Chelsea beat Man Utd 1-0 another surprise which means City go 8 points clear. Piece of cake eh :D
Spurs beat Palace no surprise there. And that concludes the weekends football and for the Prem and Championship a nice little well earned break and let England have a do and all the lower leagues some glory. :)

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Winter is defo here, bloody cold even down in Peterborough!
What a great cup performance from the superwhites!
1-1 and we could have won if it wasn't for our finishing (as usual).
So back to Prenton Park a week on Tuesday.
Best football performance this season.
Woo hoo!

Well done Carlisle 3-2, did Clint Hill play?
Well done the hudders!
Unlucky saints, (rubbish really!)
Sunderland bottom of championship, can't believe that!

Some huge games tomorrow!

@zand hopefully will post a report on the Gooners game!

As requested here I am :) Sorry I'm a bit late with this, I've had lots of personal stuff to deal with.

I agree, it was very cold in Manchester on Sunday too. No rain at all though which was nice. Well, we went expecting Arsenal to lose and they didn't disappoint us lol. Not our worst visit to Manchester by a long way though. No-one was that bad, and equally no-one played that well either. Didn't agree with Wenger's comments re the penalty and supposed offside, but we were a long way away and the players looked like matchstalk men from where we were so we didn't have a clear view. Haven't had time to watch MOTD2 yet.

My son went to see FGR win on Saturday. He was happy that although it was 1 -0 it was still a comfortable win and FGR looked in control for most of the game, so that's a marked improvement on recent form, so let's hope they have turned a corner.

Thanks for the tag @Lamont D I'm sorry I made such a big announcement the other day with no explanation. You guys on this thread deserved better from me. I'll post on my Goodbye thread again when I have the energy. Maybe after a bit of space I'll come back just to post here on the footie thread, though I do need a complete break for a while. I'll miss you all and I'll always think of you all whenever your teams are playing. If any of your teams play Arsenal and you see a fat woman in a black Arsenal away shirt with zand 60 on the back, please say Hello. :)

Edit: The highlight of the Man City trip for me were the guest appearances by Colin Bell and Dennis Tueart. Oh, the good old days...;)

Last edited:

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Awwww god bless you @zand you just make sure to take good care of yourself and we shall all miss you. Re Arsenal we play em at the end of this month. Anyways take it easy okedoke :) X

Reactions: zand and Cumberland

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Home for the third time in a week
league 2 v The Wurzels
Will wrap up warm

International break so those of us in lower leagues let’s have a clean sweep

Reactions: johnboy412000

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good luck to all those playing today. Hope you get a clean sweep. It seems strange that we aren't playing today. Hopefully resting for the weekend and back at training on Monday for next Sats away trip to the seaside. (Bournemouth)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
955893c3d58deb74c9f6852219ce210f.jpg

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yeovil were dirty dirty dirty
If they tried to play the ball instead of our men they might have contributed to a good game, but they were determined to play ugly

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
4 nowt
I’ll have a can of John Smiths tonight

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
4 nowt
I’ll have a can of John Smiths tonight

Just a thought. If you were to draw us in the FA cup and we were to beat you, you might be fed up of the sight of John Smith's (Stadium and footy team that is) :singing::D