2nd Test.

Tanis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I get the results of my second blood test tomorrow. 3 months since diagnoses. I am worried my results wont have gone down (73 first time). On 500mg Metformin 3 times a day and testing 4 times a day. I never seem to get low results, always between 7 and 10. I am finding the diet very depressing as i struggle to find food i like that is low carbs and get very bored. In fact i have lost some of my appetite and where i used to love cooking, i now dont want to. The thought of Christmas is awful. I am wondering is it would be ok to start missing a few meals as i am having to force myself to eat what i dont like. On a brighter note, having read that Magnesium could help with Restless Legs, which has been more severe since Diabetes, i am now on second week and RLS has reduced to almost nothing. plus i feel better in myself. Maybe coincidence but it seems to work.

Claudio1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is really annoying, but it's your life and my reality too. I've been on this road for 20 years and I do not like it. But I want to live many years still and this for me is more important than everything. Good luck, strength.

Reactions: Tanis

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Tanis sorry to hear you are disappointed with you plate of food. All I have done is left out bread, rice, pasta, and cut back on the spuds. The rest of my plate is more or less as before. Missing a meal is a form of intermittent fasting, info here
www.dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
I will tag @Brunneria who understands this much better than me and @bulkbiker who is a practicing eye effer:) for more info
Give it a go, the worst that can happen is no change!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hang on you haven't even has the results yet.. don't put yourself down...
What kind of things are you eating to get bored with?
I find my new way of eating a new challenge to create interesting and low carb things to eat.. but then again I enjoy cooking. Do you?

Also you may find some fasting may help with lowering blood sugars. I think it was a major contribution to my improved results.

The loss of appetite may well because you are becoming more fat adapted so don't get the hunger pangs that carb consumers do.

Regards
M

Claudio1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Look, I like to eat a cream of vegetables with butter, textured soy protein, chia seed, oat bran, and quinoa meal in my breakfast. This all in a pot and heated in the microwave is very good.
Regards, Claudio.