42 Country study - fascinating

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Life expectancy in the UK has recently started to drop ...

Figures show that men aged 65 are anticipated to live a further 22.2 years, down from 22.8 years in 2013 and women a further 24.1 years, down from 25.1 years four years ago.

The analysis also shows that life expectancy of those aged 45 is also on the decline, with a further 42 years to live for men and 44 for women, down from respectively 43 and 45.1 in 2013.

With the recent dramatic increased rates of obesity and diabetes you might find life expectancy rates declining in the future.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Life expectancy in the UK has recently started to drop ...

Figures show that men aged 65 are anticipated to live a further 22.2 years, down from 22.8 years in 2013 and women a further 24.1 years, down from 25.1 years four years ago.

The analysis also shows that life expectancy of those aged 45 is also on the decline, with a further 42 years to live for men and 44 for women, down from respectively 43 and 45.1 in 2013.

With the recent dramatic increased rates of obesity and diabetes you might find life expectancy rates declining in the future.

As it's a projection, based on previous trends, maybe we should rethink getting the flu jab?
As the article ays

"Mr Caine said there was a peak in mortality rates in 2015, which corresponds to an influenza outbreak, before improving slightly in 2016.

According to the actuarial firm Mercer, winter deaths of people aged 65 and over has increased by 11 per cent over the last two years.

More than 140,000 people over 65-years-old died this winter compared with 126,000 the previous year. "

Another thing I always have now!

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can monitor enough things to mostly prevent CVD, in the developed country I'm living in.

The full conclusion has the real kicker, that no one will see coming, until it's too late.
It repeated what other studies have found, or suggested.

"In fact, our ecological comparison of cancer incidence in 39 European countries (for 2012; (59)) can bring another important argument. Current rates of cancer incidence in Europe are namely the exact geographical opposite of CVDs (see Fig. 28). In sharp contrast to CVDs, cancer correlates with the consumption of animal food (particularly animal fat), alcohol, a high dietary protein quality, high cholesterol levels, high health expenditure, and above average height. These contrasting patterns mirror physiological mechanisms underlying physical growth and the development of cancer and CVDs (60). The best example of this health paradox is again that of French men, who have the lowest rates of CVD mortality in Europe, but the highest rates of cancer incidence. In other words, cancer and CVDs appear to express two extremes of a fundamental metabolic disbalance that is related to factors such as cholesterol and IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor)."

I'm keeping animal fat, animal protein, and my cholesterol down.
And I'm even average height!
The section you quote here is of importance, and is an unexpected outcome, I think. However, there may be a simple correlation between a higher standard of living and higher consumption of animal products, including highly processed meat products with preservatives, and also higher alcohol consumption. indeed the report does explain this possible link with increased wine consumption, but then shows that red wine seems to have a protective function in small doses. The reports that have been recently published do seem to suggest that red meat and processed foods are linked to increased risk. so recently we were warned to avoid sausages, bacon, kippers etc. I can quite believe that nitrite processed foodstuffs are a potential long term hazard and this applies to most processed foods, including PUFA cooking oils that are chemically filtered to extend shelf life and temp range.

There could also be a link to more affluent societies having worse pollution from cars lorries and buses, and contrails too. Lets face it, the contraceptive pill is causing concern amongst men here in that it is apparently linked to Moob growth, and in my county, there was a scare about animal growth hormones in animal feedstocks leading to low sperm counts. So, something in the water, perhaps? I strongly believe myself that the increase in cancer is related to mankind messing around with the environment rather that the natural food products that we should be eating.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
The section you quote here is of importance, and is an unexpected outcome, I think. However, there may be a simple correlation between a higher standard of living and higher consumption of animal products, including highly processed meat products with preservatives, and also higher alcohol consumption. indeed the report does explain this possible link with increased wine consumption, but then shows that red wine seems to have a protective function in small doses. The reports that have been recently published do seem to suggest that red meat and processed foods are linked to increased risk. so recently we were warned to avoid sausages, bacon, kippers etc. I can quite believe that nitrite processed foodstuffs are a potential long term hazard and this applies to most processed foods, including PUFA cooking oils that are chemically filtered to extend shelf life and temp range.

There could also be a link to more affluent societies having worse pollution from cars lorries and buses, and contrails too. Lets face it, the contraceptive pill is causing concern amongst men here in that it is apparently linked to Moob growth, and in my county, there was a scare about animal growth hormones in animal feedstocks leading to low sperm counts. So, something in the water, perhaps? I strongly believe myself that the increase in cancer is related to mankind messing around with the environment rather that the natural food products that we should be eating.

You'll find the poorer countries have a markedly higher level of alcohol consumption.
It just tends to be more off grid, rather than shop supplied.
And if you want to see air pollution, Mumbai is probably the place to be.
Poorer countries also have a much higher tobacco usage, and a much stronger variant of the product.
These are more hit and miss though.

But yes, as the report says, meat, and processed meat products.

Last edited: