5 months of Type 1 enjoyment

HasanG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Previously I have been a lurker and today I decided to make the jump and sign up. I'm Hasan & I've had type 1 since Oct '15. Recently my sugars have been much higher than usual hinting that I've probably left the honeymoon period and I'm stuck on what to do.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I assume you are on Basal/Bolus? You may need to increase your Basal just like I have done over the last few years. Your Bolus ratio may need to change a bit too. I would make small changes each day and use the meter to check the result. Are you controlling the carbs in your diet?

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

HasanG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I assume you are on Basal/Bolus? You may need to increase your Basal just like I have done over the last few years. Your Bolus ratio may need to change a bit too. I would make small changes each day and use the meter to check the result. Are you controlling the carbs in your diet?
I am carb counting, so I will increase my insulin:carb ratio & I could increase my Basal by a unit

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Welcome @HasanG :)

The first sign of my honeymoon ending was increased Postprandial readings. How long have your sugars been raised? Could it be stress or illness?

I usually leave things a few days to make sure I'm not just seeing a temporary blip before I consider changing my doses.

HasanG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome @HasanG :)

The first sign of my honeymoon ending was increased Postprandial readings. How long have your sugars been raised? Could it be stress or illness?

I usually leave things a few days to make sure I'm not just seeing a temporary blip before I consider changing my doses.
These high reading started about 5 days ago a day before my illness.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Previously I have been a lurker and today I decided to make the jump and sign up. I'm Hasan & I've had type 1 since Oct '15. Recently my sugars have been much higher than usual hinting that I've probably left the honeymoon period and I'm stuck on what to do.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)