5 variety of pizza at friends for tea ☹️[emoji15][emoji50]

Trishbethel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you everyone for your responses, I have to admit taking the toppings off and leaving the bases never even occurred to me?! Yet now it seems the most logical thing to have done, it would of also given me the chance to have had. A Conversation about how the carbs effect me. And yes as one of you pointed out she would be deeply upset if she read what I had put on here and that was not my intention. I simply wondered what others do is such a situation - as I am only 6 months in and this is still very new to me. I only told my friend 3 months ago at our house when she came for tea about the diabetes so, she doesn't know very much, but I was too embarrassed after she served it all up to say anything about the carbs. I am finding the whole diabetes thing so stressful st the moment, I haven't had my 2nd blood test yet to see how my diet is going so I guess that will reveal all . I have probably had maybe 7 days of the 3 month period where I have blown out - so fx it is all ok. I didn't realise how many occasions I actually go out or have people round which throws me off track slightly, it is a learning curve at the end of the day!
Thank you all again!

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You'll be fine. Step at a time and all that. Just do your best at all times. Works for me so far.

Reactions: Trishbethel

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe next time you are invited to eat with someone else you could ask about what is to be served and explain that you need to check, just to be sure you will be able to eat it. It is not being impolite if it means that you will not feel dismay at what you are served up - I would suspect that your friend must have picked up that something was wrong even though you ate the food prepared for you.
I have eaten out twice this weekend - both times the person taking my order was rather taken aback by what I did not want on my plate - I think that the world in general needs educating about the requirements of diabetics, and it is down to the diet controlled type 2s to point out that not everyone can cope with half a plate full of heavy carbs, which seemed to be the standard offering.
By the way, the coleslaw at Harry Ramsden's in Swanage was absolutely vile - and rather stale. For a widely known chain of restaurants I expected something better, and fresher. I can recommend the Red Lion, though.

Reactions: Guzzler

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm a feeder........ I like to treat others to things I don't eat myself. It bothers me slightly........

Having just packed the cakes for the start of year + the birthday which happened last week - with the low carb alternatives for the two of us who need them, I do kind of agree, but we do limit the treats to birthdays and special occasions. (Like, start of year and coping with the batch of changes which none of us do well.) and I won't do it again until early November now.