6 weeks pregnant with my second baby, sugars have started to spike!

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello ladies,

Iv had diabetes for over 10 years now! I'm currently pregnant with my second child, I'm only 6 weeks pregnant and my sugars have spiked this week. It's really getting me down and I can't seem to get them low.

Last week they were perfect!! But bam hit 6 weeks and they've not be in range

Has anyone got any advice or tips? I don't remember being this bad with my 1st pregnancy but that was 3 years ago now.

Thank you xx

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think you should ask your doctor for advice as your situation is very delicate you don't want to hurt yourself or your baby.. good luck and stay strong good days are coming:)

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think you should ask your doctor for advice as your situation is very delicate you don't want to hurt yourself or your baby.. good luck and stay strong good days are coming:)

I'm in constant contact with my consultant, she's fab

I just have to up my Basel rates as I'm on a pump and use a temp Basel when needed!

I'm just worried as it's so early I don't want anything to happen! I didn't no if anyone struggled at this stage with their sugars.

Thank you x

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Don't panic @Madelinelowery :) I had high sugars early on and so did a number of ladies here.

I increased my basal cautiously and corrected when necessary. The highs only lasted a short time so be careful about any increases and be ready for things to change.

Reactions: Madelinelowery

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If you're only spiking after meals, then try moving your bolus forward or slightly increase your ratio.

ealingr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had about a week of highs at that stage, too. I used temp basal and correction doses to keep it under control while it lasted, but it really did pass quickly.

Reactions: azure

hboyt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Awwww @Madelinelowery i know the feeling! i'm at 24 weeks and have had some weeks BG's are absolutely perfect and then the next week cant get them down! All part of the hormones that like to have fun with us im told! LOL
Glad you have a good consultant, support is what makes the difference for me too :):angelic: