9 month old son newly diagnosed

sophsmam

it broke my heart when i found out and my daughters 10.even now with her mood swings i know its got a lot to do with puberty.but when she's high we sure know about it, its just upsetting at times knowing that we can't help her and it will pass.

leggott

It breaks my heart too, just reading all these postings. I have two diabetic children aged 4 & 6 and a toddler of 17 months. It is a worry that my youngest may get it and like other posts, we have tested her before. My kids just deal with it and don't see it as a problem, which does make it a little easier. The only thing we can do is to try and make sure their control is good and give them the knowledge so that they can manage their condition in a sensible way when they are adults. I do believe that with the advances in technology there will be a cure in their life time or even an easier way of testing and monitoring blood glucose levels. Until then I will do everything to manage this as best I can and keep my little angels as healthy as possible.

kelly8

Hi, My son was diagnosed a month ago with T1 and he is 10 months old so we are just coming to terms with it. Our doctors did not listen to me either and my son ended in high dependancy but he is doing well now although he did have a quite bad hypo 2day but i noticed it imediatley and he was soon ok! I hope your little 1 is ok give him a big hug from us all kel xx

leggott

Hi kel, I'm so sorry to hear about your baby. My children were diagnosed back in May this year and I can totally understand how you must feel. My heart goes out to you especially with such a little one. There are a number of mums on this site who have or had children diagnosed as such a young age. Jen, has a little boy who was a similar age and I'm sure she has lots of valuable information which could help you. I have no experience of managing a child so small, but I've read on here many times that it is usually best to do injections immediately after they've eaten so you know what they've consumed , rather than giving it before. Jelly babies are good for hypos as they are small and easily chewed by a little child. I hope that things get better over time and I can give you some assurance that it does get easier and becomes a way of life. Big hugs Leggott.