90day average

jasper1969

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Over the last 90days my blood sugar level is an average 13.6 what effect will this have on me ?

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Over the last 90days my blood sugar level is an average 13.6 what effect will this have on me ?
Your question is impossible to answer I'm afraid @jasper1969.

Evidence does suggest that running with high BG's for prolonged periods can cause significant cardiovascular damage in diabetics. It would be in your interest to talk with your health care team to work out how to reduce your BG levels.

Are you in regular contact with your diabetic care team?

A warm welcome to the forum by the way:)

jasper1969

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks I'm fairy new to all this and to be honest I've pretty much egnored it just eating what I want when I want then adjusting my insulin to suit so maybe it's time to change

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks I'm fairy new to all this and to be honest I've pretty much egnored it just eating what I want when I want then adjusting my insulin to suit so maybe it's time to change
How long have you been a T1D Jasper? Have you attended a carbohydrate counting course or met with a dietician before?

As a T1, you have the ability to adjust your insulin to suit the food you wish to consume. But it's important to apply common sense to this approach - 'eating what you want' is very different to 'being able to eat what you want'. Moderation is key and having a solid understanding of what is good for your health and your BG is critical in successful management of our condition.

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you seen an endocrinologist yet? 13.6 is kinda high. Do you get A1C's done?