a bit new too everything

flojo1234

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi,
i have only been diagnosed with diabetes since october 6th so i am a bit new too everything!If there are any tips or advice you could give me please do!
from chloe

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya chloe,
we have a childrens forum u can look at too,
what might be best is if u ask questions about what is bothering u then we might be able to help you, and remember not to give personal details out on the net :D amanda

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
she's right!

If you have any questions about anything you only have to ask! There's no such thing as a stupid question here!

Here's a tip for you if you're on multiple daily injections... get a watch with an alarm function on it and set it to go off when you're basal injection is due. Or when your post prandial (after meal) glucose test is due!

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Remember to train Mum, Chloe. You are still very young, so she needs to keep an eye on you for a year or two more.

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
My advice is not to give yourself a hard time for every high or low bsl. I imagine this news is hardest on your mental attitude rather than the day to day routine. Managing diabetes does become second nature after a while. It is hardest to get other people to realise that you have to stop what you are doing to either eat, test or have insulin. Most people think you can wait an hour or finish your current task and have no understanding that managing diabetes wont wait.

Enjoy life to the full, Jen.

flojo1234

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi,
thanks for all your posts everyone. i have a lot of advice!
im finding things hard at the moment. i feel that i cant do things that other children can do, it upsets me a bit but i have spoken to mum and i have told her my problems and we have dealt with it.
chloe. :)

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
awww sorry youve been feeling fed up chloe, but im glad u can talk to your mum :D mums are very special, have a great christmas
amanda