Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
...and a get together with the sugar monster :eek::

fasting.jpg

stats.jpg

9th and 12th I didn't eat from midnight until evening meal, just tested at intervals to see what was happening; spikes are post evening meals. Huge spike on 13th was a result of being tempted by the sugar monster and scoffing some sugary stuff after going down a bit low for my liking, but I was surprised how fast I was back to normal as usually any such sugar sins result in higher levels for longer. Rest of the week I've eaten very small meals until evening. These are some of the flattest levels I've seen.:p

Robbity

Reactions: 2 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Lovely results - congratulations! I like the results I get when I'm fasting too.

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good looking numbers there. How are you finding the Fasting?

I'm doing 5:2 and find it surprisingly easy mostly. Miso soup is my friend. Low Carb/Fasting can proove a little more tricky but I'm working on it!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@seanj67: Fasting's not too bad as I've been low carbing more or less since I was first diagnosed just over 2 years ago, and spend most of my time now in ketosis - and I've got plenty of spare fat to burn! I don't usually get very hungry at all now but if I do feel too hungry I'll eat - usually at night(!), but this week I've not wanted too much food - apart from that big dose of sugar! I'm not sure whether I'd cope too well with very structured fasting though , one reason being I can get a migraine if I don't eat and am hungry but that's not as bad as it used to be when I was younger.

Robbity

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
what is a fat fast?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
They are really good figures and not a bad graph display.

I call it flat lining, and it is typical of what my readings are.
It is so easy to show to those dinosaurs out there in our health care industry. How to control the condition.

Keep it up @Robbit.

I'm having an intermittent fasting day!
Have you read the thread on dairy fasting (?)

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
THANKS PIPP, I looked at it looks interesting.
Today I fasted till dinner time. Had coffee and tea with cream till about 6.00pm. For dinner had two fist full of roasted cadju nuts and for the desert sesame rolls with palm sugar. Oh dear could not stop the temptation.

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
blood sugar after two hours 7.5.I am going to fast toadstool evening meal. only drinks. Coffee and tea with cream.and bullion cubes.