A good result thank you everyone

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Congratulations and keep up the excellent work.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good afternoon when I was first diagnosed back in October 2016 with a Hb1Ac of 114/12.6 m/mol's I was in total shock and didn't know what to do or where to go that's the truth of it,and then I discovered this forum and all its wonderful and friendly members my first 3 month assessment I went down to Hb1Ac of 50/6.7m/mol's ,6 months on and following all the advice and suggestions from you all has brought me to Hb1Ac of 39/5.7m/mol's,thank you doesn't seem enough,you have all been brilliant:)

ps I would like to also thank Lidl's high protein rolls,Anchor butter and yellow haddock and sardines and cashew nuts,and raspberries:D

View attachment 22532
You did all the hard work hun.

Well done.
You know how to kick this diabetes in the butt. It will put you in good stead. No matter whatever ups and downs life throws at you.
Pass the help on. Always! :) :) :)
I love this forum! ♡♥♡

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good morning @ickihun my friend and many thanks for your positive and friendly reply,much appreciated as always,:)

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning now that I have got to Hb1Ac 39(thanks to all the help and advice from everyone on this Forum):),what is my next target to go for,is it to get even lower or just to control and stay at 39,it might seem like a silly question to ask but I have found that at each stage of my Diabetes I have new questions,thank you

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning now that I have got to Hb1Ac 39(thanks to all the help and advice from everyone on this Forum):),what is my next target to go for,is it to get even lower or just to control and stay at 39,it might seem like a silly question to ask but I have found that at each stage of my Diabetes I have new questions,thank you

If I were you I would carry on as you are and concentrate on not increasing it. As long as you don't slip there is no reason why it should increase, and every possibility it may improve. You have done brilliantly in a short period of time.

There are always little dietary tweaks to be done (such as your recent experiments with your porridge). So keep testing and keep recording, and see what happens.

Reactions: Prem51

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning and thank you @Bluetit1802 my friend here's another question how low Hb1Ac can be achieved and can one go to low:)

I have my first appointment with the new replacement Diabetes nurse,it will be my since I was diagnosed back in October 2016(6 months) the original one left a day,enjoy your day after I was diagnosed,I wonder what her view on Low carb high fat diet will be,enjoy your day:)

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good afternoon everyone I have just returned from my first appointment with my diabetes nurse,She said that I had done very well and said that the LCHF Diet was working to stick with it,excellent results and she would see me in 6 months and advised me to carry on taking the one metformin tablet until then,My BP has gone down to 138/78 from 150/90,my weight 66kg down from 76kg,pulse in feet good,Hb1Ac 39.Cholesterol 3.9:)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations with all your great work What fine number all the way round !!!!

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good afternoon @Freema my friend many thanks for your kind and friendly comments very much appreciated as always:)

BarbaraG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Great news, wise owl, it's lovely to have that "see you in 3 months" message, isn't it?

You asked earlier about what you do now with HbA1C of 39. The normal range is usually given as 26-41. There is some increased risk of features of metabolic syndrome within the normal range, but the increase is small compared to what happens when it gets into the prediabetic (42-47) and diabetic (48+) range.

So.... you have already got the vast majority of the risk reduction available to you by getting it to 39. OTOH, for type 2's controlled by diet and metformin, there is no downside to having a lower HbA1C. There is no risk of dangerous hypos as there is for people using insulin.

The floor's the limit, as it were. My last HbA1C (November) was 40, but I would really love to have it nearer to 30.

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
God afternoon @BarbaraG my friend thank you for your friendly and positive comments,thay are always very much appreciated and most welcome:)

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Just caught up with you @wiseowl_123 . Congratulations on your excellent results, now the hard work starts - finding a maintenance programme that you can live with. If you want to continue at your present level then you can relax a little a aim to slow the drop, if you want to improve then you need to continue as you are. The choice is yours. At least you have a supportive, or at least not anti, DN and a reasonably competent phlebotomist. You have done so well, I am sure you can continue and aim to get off all drugs.

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good afternoon @Phoenix55 and thank you my friend for your friendly and positive above post it is very much appreciated,I shall carry on the for next 6 months as I have done the last 6 months ,I don't think I could go back now to eating rubbish food anymore,and I have embraced my LCHF diet as normal now,enjoy your evening:)

Reactions: ickihun and Prem51

Robkww

Just back from a great vacation and really pleased to read some good news, well done @wiseowl_123 and have a gold medal from me - the invisible kind I'm afraid as my technology is a touch inadequate!

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good evening @Robkww my friend hope you had a splendid vacation and many thanks for above kind and friendly comments,very much appreciated,I'm not one to rest on my laurels so now the real work begins:)

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
You did all the hard work hun.

Well done.
You know how to kick this diabetes in the butt. It will put you in good stead. No matter whatever ups and downs life throws at you.
Pass the help on. Always! :) :) :)
I love this forum! ♡♥♡
WaY to go !!