A huge thankyou, to you all who rate my posts and keep me right. :) I cannot stop smiling. :)

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hooray @ickihun - In the few months I've known you online you have done so well :) So happy for you :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Back from gp. He made me laugh. Older gp but has put my mind at rest.
Blood pressure was ok when he tested. I explained it irratic behaviour and swelling at night with palpatations. Heart beat was 78 which is good too.
He told me if I start having chest pains again to call ambulance to be checked out at hospital.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a peaceful weekend.
I cannot do this blood testing for heart attacks every few weeks.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
No dashing around is definitely making a huge difference for me. Slow and steady, just like my insulin lowering techniques. ;)
I guess there will be plenty of time to jump around after op. Fingers crossed.
Hopefully before xmas. I couldnt do xmas properly last year for being ill anyway. If ill this xmas I can take heart that for a good reason.
On track so far but not sure if surgeons are piled up with work. Now well published that new diagnosed type2s getting rid of diabetes after my op.
Less insulin is good enough for me. None and just metformin will stop me adding weight, hopefully.
Ive got to think of the future and what loads of insulin will do for my needs for high activity with my active kids. Skiing refresher is well overdue.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
No one deserves the success you have gained!
A true warrior, and coming out smiling as well.

I remember the same euphoria when my endocrinologist told me that I had successfully controlled my condition and he was learning from my lifestyle experience and example.

You are definitely an example to those who have struggled with some challenges and different symptoms and conditions.

Well done @ickihun, long may it continue!

Best wishes

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
I couldnt have gone it without you all.
I think the credit mainly goes to everyone of you.
So.... well done too!
:) :) :)

I'm still smiling this morning! Ha ha

Thankyou my fellow diabetic soldiers! :) :) :)
I am out there leading the charge, because I am inspired by individuals such as you! Thank you

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've lost another 1.5lb since 2wks ago. I'm delighted. The hospital tier3 is a godsend. Most of our 7 today lost in 2 weeks. One lost 4lb. I'm only diabetic in our group. However one other lady has underactive thyroid only thou.
We all have struggled with our weight. :( Hopefully not any more!