A little rant/moan :3

Type1Lad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i find it funny i changed my benefit from jsa back to esa because i went for a job interview and blanked out and has a massive anxiety attack :( and they decided to pay my payment for 2 weeks its £20 i really don't know how i can live on this.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
is the ESA payment not much lower than the JSA payment then.....?

would it not be better staying on JSA....

what is ESA?

Type1Lad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
is the ESA payment not much lower than the JSA payment then.....?

would it not be better staying on JSA....

what is ESA?
employment and suppourt allowence, it's 100 a week where as jsa is 75 a week for me as i'm 25 :L
they ******** it up though i think :(

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ah I see, that's not good.....

my experience with family and friends going through a change in their benefit is always that there is some problem and they need to get backdated payments, which is no use for the days you need to eat etc.....

i hope its a quick transition.......

you said you blanked out in an interview,was this diabetes related?......

Reactions: 2 people

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Have you contacted them to discuss ? If you're unsure what to do then call Citizens Advice bureau, they should be able to get you back on track.

Hope you're ok now ?

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i find it funny i changed my benefit from jsa back to esa because i went for a job interview and blanked out and has a massive anxiety attack :( and they decided to pay my payment for 2 weeks its £20 i really don't know how i can live on this.

What amount have you been paid? What benefit are you on now? Definitely worth getting help from CAB or any welfare rights advice body. They could probably issue you with a voucher to take to a food bank to help with immediate needs.

Type1Lad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ah I see, that's not good.....

my experience with family and friends going through a change in their benefit is always that there is some problem and they need to get backdated payments, which is no use for the days you need to eat etc.....

i hope its a quick transition.......

you said you blanked out in an interview,was this diabetes related?......
im not sure i suffer serious anxiety from a young age that went and came back :(

What amount have you been paid? What benefit are you on now? Definitely worth getting help from CAB or any welfare rights advice body. They could probably issue you with a voucher to take to a food bank to help with immediate needs.
i don't like to use food banks as i find it's for major people.
Have you contacted them to discuss ? If you're unsure what to do then call Citizens Advice bureau, they should be able to get you back on track.

Hope you're ok now ?

I'm okay now going to give them a ring shortly :eek:

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
employment and suppourt allowence, it's 100 a week where as jsa is 75 a week for me as i'm 25 :L
they ******** it up though i think :(
Do you not have to go through an assessment period of 13 weeks first on a lower amount and then it's increased if you fit the criteria for ESA?