A sandwich made me go very high...

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I was at a conference yesterday @covknit and resisted the croissants, pastries and muffins that were served at morning break, stuck to water all day too. I had salad and coleslaw for lunch and although I had taken a dessert I thought better of it and the man sitting next to me polished it off for me. A good day, I think it was carb free but I still had a fbg of 9.3 this morning. I'msure I will get there, I'm just taking the scenic route.
Well done on sticking to the healthier stuff. Buffet catering is such a nightmare. We shall get to our target weights. Slow and steady but determined.

Reactions: Swiggy

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
going with the flow and ups and downs. I started off trying to fight it, and find that that makes it worse.

Did you find going to a lchf diet, or ketogenic made a difference?
I have read that it's a mitochondrial dysfunction, and switching to a ketogenic diet can help?

S

serenity648

Did you find going to a lchf diet, or ketogenic made a difference?
I have read that it's a mitochondrial dysfunction, and switching to a ketogenic diet can help?
where did you read that? I have read that they are two different conditions which are easy misdiagnosed as each other, due to symptom similarity.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A great number of peopl with and without Diabetes have a degree of fatty liver. Normal LFTs are not necessarily indicative of a liver with no fat in it. I have fatty liver and normal LFTs.
My mum is not diabetic but has fatty liver from too much fruit!
Mind u tablets haven't helped either. She takes long term painkillers.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Here's hoping that you can find a form of exercise that can help you. Sedentary exercise is often used by people with decreased mobility.
I want to return to swimming or at least getting in and out of the pool. Warmer weather will get me and 10yr old venturing out further. (Bigger pool)
I have hand weights somewhere........
I've been cleared by cardiologist to do as much exercise as I'd like. Hurray.
Physio is going to work on me now. Its a start I've been crying out for.
I'm praying I can get my lower back strong and useful again to go back cycling too.
I'm feeling optimistic and so relieved I didn't say no to my next physio appointment.
Poor lass. I'll just reasure her we can do it, together. Her know how and my work and listening skills.
I soooooo need this.

Kerri5981

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys, as some of you know I started lchf in January and I really like what I'm eating. I cut out all bread, rice, pasta and potatoes and it goes without saying that I have avoided cake, pastries and biscuits. I have been testing before and two hours after meals and I very rarely go higher than 1milimol after two hours.
I have not lost any weight which I think is because I have been very greedy with butter and cream. I have reduced my protein to avoid it turning to glucose.
My fbg has not come down, it is still in the 8s or 9s and the lowest reading I have had was 6.9.
Today I met up with a friend who brought us a sandwich each to eat in the park. It was brown bread and was an all day breakfast one. I ate it. I refused the cup cake and drank a bottle of water. I walked three miles at quite a fast pace. When I tested after two hours I was horrified to find that I was 15.9.
Sorry for the long post but I want to get this right. I enjoy lchf and see it very much as a long term thing but I would like to see some positive results. I am limiting the coffee and cream and cutting back on the butter (I had started to eat it sliced like cheese).
Could I have gone so high because I am usually so low carb?

I have found that any Branded bread affects my numbers very badly but "Simmons" multigrain sourdough is way less damaging to my numbers and didn't adversely affect my IBS either

Reactions: Swiggy