Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I am still at the stage of worrying about what I, as a parent, have done to my children. My family is grown but I will forever be a parent. What damage have I already done?

The crux of this post is toothpaste. Yeah, not something I would normally worry about but having given an awful lot of thought with regard to my family's health at least I didn't buy into this one. I am talking about flavoured toothpaste aimed at small children and in particular the sweet flavoured pastes. When they first came out I refused to buy them, I was recently widowed so finances were tough but the main reason at the time was that I disagreed with the concept because I felt that it was completely unnecessary for everything that goes into a child's mouth to taste sweet.

My newly aquired knowledge of the Big Food Industry's tactics has taught me a lot, not least that I was right back then to use common sense. That did not stop me being totally ripped off by the scam pulled by the makers of Sunny Delight. I am still furious about that. I left myself short in order to buy that rubbish and fed it to my children regularly and I am still beating myself up about it.

Our children and grandchildren are precious to us but all they mean to Big Food and Big Pharma is P.R.O.F.I.T.

Reactions: kokhongw

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Please don't beat yourself up about it. I'm sure you, like all of us, did what you thought best with the information we had at the time. x
I've spent a lifetime being pushed into low fat diets , when actually the total opposite seems to be the best for me.

Reactions: ziggy_w