Approved A survey for type 1 diabetics or their parents.

Joy_S.

To all type 1 diabetics and parents of type 1 diabetics,

The survey, "Type 1 Diabetics and Antibiotics" was created for you to answer. The goal in creating this survey was to see if antibiotics could potentially increase the risk of developing type 1 diabetes in those who are genetically predisposed. If you are the parent/guardian of a child diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, you are encouraged to answer for your child. The survey is composed of 26 multiple choice questions, which should take 20 minutes, maximum, to complete. Here is the link to the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/type1diabetesandantibiotics. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or feedback, please post here, or send me a PM
Your time is a great help and greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Joy S.

Last edited by a moderator:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Got to Q12 and have to give-up @Joy_S.

I was diagnosed with type 1 in my late teens and it would be impossible for me to remember how many times I'd taken antibiotics or which type they were, at best any answers would just be a guess so not very accurate for research purposes.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was diagnosed as a kid. Never taken antibiotics.. Prior to diagnosis or to this day...

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Also diagnosed young 5 years not aware of having had anti-biopics.

diamondnostril

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was diagnosed with type 1 in my late teens and it would be impossible for me to remember how many times I'd taken antibiotics or which type they were, at best any answers would just be a guess so not very accurate for research purposes.

The opening page of the survey states that this is for T1s who are 18 and under, or parents of T1s 18 and under (not for older people who were diagnosed at 18 and under). I guess this is to get around the problems of trying to remember from too far back. Copy-and-Paste is below.

This is a survey for those 18 years and under or parent of children 18 and under. It is regarding your (or your child's) antibiotic use prior to your (or their) type 1 diabetes diagnosis.

victoria21

Type of diabetes
Type 1
To all type 1 diabetics and parents of type 1 diabetics,

The survey, "Type 1 Diabetics and Antibiotics" was created for you to answer. The goal in creating this survey was to see if antibiotics could potentially increase the risk of developing type 1 diabetes in those who are genetically predisposed. If you are the parent/guardian of a child diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, you are encouraged to answer for your child. The survey is composed of 26 multiple choice questions, which should take 20 minutes, maximum, to complete. Here is the link to the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/type1diabetesandantibiotics. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or feedback, please post here, or send me a PM
Your time is a great help and greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Joy S.

Any idea why you can't put your age in on the surgery?... Asks for your or your child's age.. then in years box, it'll only let you go up to 18?