A Virtual Dinner Party

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
You've been given a day off from your condition, no matter what you eat or what you do nothing will affect your BG, the only caveat is that you must have a dinner party, you can invite anyone you like, dead or alive, but it will be a good dinner party goddammit!!!!!

One rule and one rule only, you can not invite any convicted rapists, murderers, despots, dictators etc etc (you get the message)

I'm inviting -

Bon Scott
Keith Moon
Elvis Presley
Jim Morrison
Sarah Harding
Oliver Reed
Angus Young
Joni Mitchell

I have no idea how the conversation would go, but it would be one hell of a party!!!!

Over to you.......

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I would invite

Steve Jobs
Amy Winehouse
Thora Hurd
Bill Owen

We would have lots of chips and pizza
Should be fun

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I would invite my grandma who died aged 95 in 1975. I would ask her who my dad's father was. He left her pregnant when he went off to fight in WW1 and never returned. Not knowing his name has really ******** up my family tree. Lol.

It would be a massive onion pie with mushy peas and chips. Just how she used to make them.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Easy one, would love to have Frederic Banting, Charles H Best, James B Collip, JJR Macleod, Paul Langerhans & Nicolas C. Paulescu as guests and shake their hands for saving millions of lives since their work in discovering insulin.

Reactions: 5 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I would have a sporting themed dinner.
Probably fish and chips with mushy peas and thick sliced bread!

Ian Botham
David Lloyd
Bill Shankly
Alan Ball
John King
Andrew Flintoff

How fun would that be!

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
W
You've been given a day off from your condition, no matter what you eat or what you do nothing will affect your BG, the only caveat is that you must have a dinner party, you can invite anyone you like, dead or alive, but it will be a good dinner party goddammit!!!!!

One rule and one rule only, you can not invite any convicted rapists, murderers, despots, dictators etc etc (you get the message)

I'm inviting -

Bon Scott
Keith Moon
Elvis Presley
Jim Morrison
Sarah Harding
Oliver Reed
Angus Young
Joni Mitchell

I have no idea how the conversation would go, but it would be one hell of a party!!!!

Over to you.......
Wot no Hendrix?

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Friends from uni who I haven't seen in ages, leave the kids with my mum and I'd make janssons frestelse and a green salad with cherry cheese cake or my straw boffee pie. Followed by espresso and Turkish delight. Cocktails to start and copious quantities of white wine.