Accu Check Cassette Compartment Not Opening!

ozer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have bought an AccuCheck MObile and used it until the first cassette finished. When tried for the first time, I followed the instructions for replacing the cassette but the little push button on the side seems to be stuck and not not moving at all. Problem is I am in Cyprus and not returning to UK for another 10 days. Has anyone else experienced this and is there another practical solution that may work so that I can change the casette.

Any advice will be most welcome.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you opened the testing area sliding cover...?

Edit. Another idea is putting a little pressure on the cartridge door, then seeing if the slide releases the catch...?

Last edited by a moderator:

ozer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you opened the testing area sliding cover...?

Edit. Another idea is putting a little pressure on the cartridge door, then seeing if the slide releases the catch...?
Thanks a lot Jaylee - you've been great help. NO, I did not open the sliding cover for the testing area (because nothing as such was in the user manual I have). I opened it and the catch flipped open :) Thanks again...

Reactions: 2 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No problem. Glad you got it sorted...

If you go into "main menu". Scroll down & click on "tools" then "change cass".. I think it kind of guides you through..?