Accu-chek aviva combo error...

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

So today i was testing my blood...put in my carbs etc and pressed onli and then it came up with E57 electronic error and to remove the batteries and replace in 20 seconds...i did that and tried turning it on and all it did was make a faint sound! I left it for a bit and tried again and it did the same! So i went on a massive hunt in work for some batteries i luckily found some and after two tries it was back on and all okay so far, have let accu-chek know but has anyone else had this??? X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

iHs

Get Accu chek to send you acreplacement as the Combo meter is part of the pump package so a faulty meter is not acceptable

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted member 83869

Get Accu chek to send you acreplacement as the Combo meter is part of the pump package so a faulty meter is not acceptable
They said they have noted it on my account but it happened again this morning so have contacted again!! x

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did you replace the batteries you found at work with new ones?

D

Deleted member 83869

Did you replace the batteries you found at work with new ones?
They was new ones lol! They are sending me a new meter tomorrow as they said I could reset it but honestly don't want to risk it and then head into DKA....my luck!! ha

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well it's not still the batteries then.
You don't want to mess around. Easier for them to send you another one and factory reset yours

D

Deleted member 83869

Well it's not still the batteries then.
You don't want to mess around. Easier for them to send you another one and factory reset yours
Yeah should be at my work tomorrow morning luckily! and then got to send the other one back!! But this means I have got to write all my settings down tonight... oh the fun haha! x

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

This is just a thought.. Though I'm not familiar with this particular model.

It could actually be the battery connection causing a power distribution problem throwing up the error..?
Has the unit had a knock or bump recently.?

I agree about a replacement unit.!

D

Deleted member 83869

Hi,

This is just a thought.. Though I'm not familiar with this particular model.

It could actually be the battery connection causing a power distribution problem throwing up the error..?
Has the unit had a knock or bump recently.?

I agree about a replacement unit.!
Hahahahah I was waiting for you to comment lol don't know why just was ahaha! But erm Could be?? But why would it just be when I actually test the blood?? any how new meter coming...alot of hard work to be done! gah!

Erm not that I know of no, but there is a slight scratch or crack on my screen in the corner...not that big but god knows where that has come from :S x

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hahahahah I was waiting for you to comment lol don't know why just was ahaha! But erm Could be?? But why would it just be when I actually test the blood?? any how new meter coming...alot of hard work to be done! gah!

Erm not that I know of no, but there is a slight scratch or crack on my screen in the corner...not that big but god knows where that has come from :S x

It could be cutting out when you test the blood due to the movement of the unit? If the battery shifts on a loose or dirty connection this may cut the power or give the impression to the electrickery of low power..? Thus the error.
"Scratch or crack" could be trauma to the integrity of the battery compartment??

I suggest you always keep a written note of you settings.. Jusincase!?

D

Deleted member 83869

It could be cutting out when you test the blood due to the movement of the unit? If the battery shifts on a loose or dirty connection this may cut the power or give the impression to the electrickery of low power..? Thus the error.
"Scratch or crack" could be trauma to the integrity of the battery compartment??

I suggest you always keep a written note of you settings.. Jusincase!?
Dammit! Just my luck! lol! Well I'll be writing all my settings down etc tonight then!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Out of curiosity.. When you rang Accu Chek, did you get the chirpy American guy or the laid back disinterested "yah yah" German goouyyy??
I found the the German actually quite helpful when I lowered my vocal tone like Liam Neeson in "Taken" & blagged a little German.. He even threw in a free case! ;)

D

Deleted member 83869

Out of curiosity.. When you rang Accu Chek, did you get the chirpy American guy or the laid back disinterested "yah yah" German goouyyy??
I found the the German actually quite helpful when I lowered my vocal tone like Liam Neeson in "Taken" & blagged a little German.. He even threw in a free case! ;)
Haha no I got a lovely lady called Esther, she was rather quiet though ahha!